Acekard 2i cannot be updated

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by codezer0, May 12, 2011.

1. codezer0
    OP

codezer0 Gaming keeps me sane

Jul 14, 2009
    United States
    The Magic School Bus
    okay, so after finally getting some time to catch up to what's all been going on, I finally go and download the firmware update that is supposed to allow the Acekard to work on a 3DS from acekard.com.

Got it loaded on the microSD, I boot up the card in the DS(lite), and then run the updater.

However, when I load it up, and follow the instructions to eject and reinsert the card again, I get the following message:
    Code:
    AK2i FIRMWARE UPDATE(3DSv1)

CHIP ID: 0FC2 HW: 4444

This catridge(sic) can't be updated.
    I don't understand... especially since the DSi firmware update that was previously available for this card went on without a hitch, and I can run the latest AKAIO without issue.

What should I do? I don't have a 3DS (yet), but I'd rather be prepared in the event that I do get one. [​IMG]

2. Rydian

Rydian Resident Furvert™

Feb 4, 2010
    United States
    Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    HW44 can't be updated.

Everybody with one of those is waiting on a fix.

3. SlickGate

SlickGate Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 25, 2011
    Switzerland
    China
    Yeah, acekard.com has post a message about it .

4. jabato

jabato Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 5, 2007
    Acekard isnt giving 3ds support for hw44(almost 2 months waiting) so if you are planning to get a 3ds i advice you to choose another flashcard brand with a better client support.

5. codezer0
    OP

Jul 14, 2009
    United States
    The Magic School Bus
    Augh, this really bites. [​IMG] Whelp, any recommendations of what to start looking at? Much as I dig the extra hardware and capabilities of the SC DS2, many of the places I'm looking at that carry it (and are reputable) are trying to charge as much as $50 (+shipping) for it.

6. Lilith Valentine

Lilith Valentine GBATemp's Wolfdog™ ☠️Grunt☠️

Sep 13, 2009
    Antarctica
    Between insane and insecure
    Have you thought about checking out 0shippingzone? I buy from that site all the time.

7. codezer0
    OP

Jul 14, 2009
    United States
    The Magic School Bus
    Never heard of it before. A quick check so far shows perfect feedback on resellerratings, so that's a good thing.

8. Lilith Valentine

Lilith Valentine GBATemp's Wolfdog™ ☠️Grunt☠️

Sep 13, 2009
    Antarctica
    Between insane and insecure
    I can confirm that they are a great and trustworthy site. I bought almost all my flashcards from them (the my others cards came from Shoptemp when it still sold them.)
    Their shipping time can be a little long, but it's not as long as some sites I got a flashcard from once.