Hacking Acekard 2i broke my DS Lite

linnusx5

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
My DS Lite bought on dec.10 was shutting down when I was playing any game.
So I took it to repair, and the guy told me that it was necessary to replace the 'c.i. slot' and the cause of this problem was the acekard.

Has anyone had the same problem?

MaxNuker

GBATemp's Official Shinigami Substitute
Trophies
Website
facebook.com
XP
Country
Portugal
c.i.slot is where the game cartridge goes in right? did you force the card at any point back in time? i dont think just putting it in would break the slot...

linnusx5

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I had to pay $40 for get it fixed.

I'm not really sure what the c.i. slot is (even searching on Google).
That's why I'm asking you guys, I kinda worried to use my Acekard now and have the same problem again.

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
linnusx5 said:
I had to pay $40 for get it fixed.

I'm not really sure what the c.i. slot is (even searching on Google).
That's why I'm asking you guys, I kinda worried to use my Acekard now and have the same problem again.
From what I'm to gather "CI" is Common Interface, which I'm pretty sure the DS doesn't have. He probably was misusing the term to mean the NDS' Slot1 (NDS Card Slot).

However, that doesn't change the fact that the AceKard shouldn't be damaging that slot.
The AceKard is actually THINNER than retail NDS cards and other Flash cards which leads to a contact issue (where the card isn't making a good connection). This can be solved by slipping paper behind the card or trimming a small strip to fit under the contacts.

All slots for games have been keyed in every hardware released by Nintendo (meaning they only fit in ONE way) so jamming the card in 'backwards' is impossible. I'm not sure how it would have been damaged by ANY cards let alone the AceKard. Though I have heard of someone snapping off the 'teeth' of the AceKard, even that is beyond me to fathom how they did it.

I'd be interested to find out if he actually changed anything... but that would require you to open up the DS and take a look at the slot which I'm sure not everyone would be willing to do. If the Slot looks attached VERY cleanly (all the soldering looks perfect) you can bet it wasn't touched -- AFAIK even a skilled solderer can't match precision of a machine.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, The Russians are after you lol.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Send me your ip I'll remotely fix it
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    @K3Nv2 my head needs fixing if I believe you
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it's kinda fun watching it happen tho
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It needs fixing for other things but your pc I can fix
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    over 300+ virus/trojians/worms after scanning, what did I do to deserve this attention lol
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    tho I find it funny when i receive other people's pc/laptops in this state
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    i wont be upgrading unless I cant run the games i want anymore
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Spill water on it good excuse
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    @K3Nv2 that's like a valid option if someone else is paying for ya
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Daddy's wallet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ngl hogwarts legacy has good pooping music
  • OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20:
    That's uh-
    That's certainly a Dairy Queen sign lmao
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You should see his help wanted signs
    Ugh, so many sweat-dipwads in Sploon 3 Anarchy mode tonight
    I didn't know this was "Make Octo never finish Fresh Season 2024 Catalog in Splatoon 3" month, good god
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What's the point of "confirming" games you know will get released. Like Nintendo "confirming" a Zelda sequel. "We can't be sure Nintendo is working on a new Zelda game, or if a new Zelda game will ever be released, until they officially confirm it."
  • Veho @ Veho:
    "There is literally no way to know if they will ever release a new Zelda game, it's wild speculation until they officially confirm it."
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Black ops was the lesser shitter line in cock a poopoo tbf just a way to let people know it hasn't died or going a different route I guess
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    $70 DLC per 6 months is what it turned into
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/R28ZSY2Sc2A?si=H5Lb6PNkzMhAHO_P