Hacking Acekard 2i 3DS update

Firipu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
strayrooster said:
Just bought my 3DS, getting the "There is nothing inserted into the Game Card slot." error.

Updated the firmware, installed 1.8.6a, and put a bunch of paper underneath the connectors, still no luck
frown.gif

Anyone have any other suggestions?

Read the topic. I'm 100% sure your answer is in it.

otakonx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've read through this thread since it started and finally decided to give this a shot on my Acekard 2i (81). Unfortunately, I'm getting the dreaded "Update canceled" message that a few of you are getting. I've tried a few things mentioned here like reformatting and the paper trick but with no luck. I've successfully updated the firmware on this Acekard before so I'm thinking it's just this particular firmware that's being finicky. The DSi I'm doing this on is running 1.4U. Unfortunately, I don't have access to a DS Lite so I'm hoping someone here can offer some other options other than what I've tried. I appreciate the help, thanks.

Crossdance

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Questions:
1. What latest firmware has North American DSi reached?
2. Will the 3DS-patched (DORASU'd) Acekard 2i work on it?

Kinda' interested in buying DSiWare, not being able to visit the Shop sucks.
ohnoes.png

strayrooster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
otakonx said:
I've read through this thread since it started and finally decided to give this a shot on my Acekard 2i (81). Unfortunately, I'm getting the dreaded "Update canceled" message that a few of you are getting. I've tried a few things mentioned here like reformatting and the paper trick but with no luck. I've successfully updated the firmware on this Acekard before so I'm thinking it's just this particular firmware that's being finicky. The DSi I'm doing this on is running 1.4U. Unfortunately, I don't have access to a DS Lite so I'm hoping someone here can offer some other options other than what I've tried. I appreciate the help, thanks.

Got the same error message myself. What I did was roll back to the standard Acekard firmware (removed 1.8.6a), then ran the update. It worked, then installed 1.8.6a after that.

Still can't get it to work in the 3DS though......

EDIT: forgot to mention, did this on a DSi

otakonx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
strayrooster said:
Got the same error message myself. What I did was roll back to the standard Acekard firmware (removed 1.8.6a), then ran the update. It worked, then installed 1.8.6a after that.

Still can't get it to work in the 3DS though......

EDIT: forgot to mention, did this on a DSi

I appreciate the fast response, I'm going to give this a shot. I'm lame, I brought my DSi to work with me.

UPDATE: Yup, that did the trick. Thanks a ton, Strayrooster. For anyone getting the "Update Canceled" message, remove AKIO, install the old official loader from Acekard and run the update. After that, remove the old Acekard loader and reinstall AKIO.

strayrooster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
otakonx said:
UPDATE: Yup, that did the trick. Thanks a ton, Strayrooster. For anyone getting the "Update Canceled" message, remove AKIO, install the old official loader from Acekard and run the update. After that, remove the old Acekard loader and reinstall AKIO.

Did you get it to work on the 3DS too?

mechadylan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Crossdance said:
Questions:
1. What latest firmware has North American DSi reached?
2. Will the 3DS-patched (DORASU'd) Acekard 2i work on it?

Kinda' interested in buying DSiWare, not being able to visit the Shop sucks.
ohnoes.png
1. 1.1.0-1U
2. It's working just fine on mine.

BTW, DSiWare and browser are still not available with this update.

nipit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sooo. I have an Acekard2i flash card, it had somekind of firmware which allowed me to play games on my DSi. Now I don't have and DSi, but I want to buy 3DS, and I'm wondering, will I be able to play DS games on 3DS without needing help from ds/dsl/dsi?

D

Deleted_171835

nipit said:
Sooo. I have an Acekard2i flash card, it had somekind of firmware which allowed me to play games on my DSi. Now I don't have and DSi, but I want to buy 3DS, and I'm wondering, will I be able to play DS games on 3DS without needing help from ds/dsl/dsi?QUOTE(SoulSnatcher @ Apr 1 2011, 05:34 PM) As for updating your old Acekard, you would have to use a DS Phat/Lite/i/XL to update. You won't be able to update on the 3DS. Also, Acekards with a HWID of 44 can't update as of now. The HWID can be found by running the AKAIO firmware, and going to START > HELP from within the GUI menu.
Don't double post.

Ichida

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Okay, so I've apparently bricked my Acekard2i. Coming to terms with that. I heard ones being sold now are coming 3DS-ready. Is this true? Where do I buy them from if so? Please excuse my ignorance. >.

KirbyPink

Trophies
XP
Country
How the heck did you manage to brick it?

I´ll explain how i did.
Ive got a Acekard 2i. My DS Lite is near death. It can play, but the battery is... bad or something.
In any case. I downloaded 1.8.6a and the Acekard 2i uptade from the site that allows 3DS.
I put that in the Loader section. Along with the Acekard loader. Just hit the uptade button , got a nice blue screen with white text.
It uptade just fine. I then put it in my 3DS and PRESTO! It plays EBA just fine. Heck, it plays it more then fine... it plays it great!

The only thing i notice is a flashing black on top screen that appears sometimes. I´m guessing it´s cause of the display part of DS mode.
Every other game i play works fine. Pokémon White looks a bit stretched out, but it plays almost fine.
It crashed for me once. When it did , i just HOME and restarted.

You need a DS phat/lite or DSi to uptade it. Just putting it in the 3DS won´t work. Unless as you said, it´s pre-uptaded.

http://www.acekard.com/download.php#ak2

Ichida

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
As I mentioned before, I followed the instructions and ran the upgrade on my DSi using the DSi version of the update. The Acekard now shows up as the DORASU angel wings thing on my DSi, and shows up as an Acekard2i on my 3DS, but launching it on my DSi gives me a black screen with Japanese text, and launching it on my 3DS gives me the Black Screen of Death "An error has occured." So now it won't run on either my DSi nor my 3DS.

KirbyPink

Trophies
XP
Country
If it shows up as the Angel Wings, then you´ve done right.
It shows up as the Angel Wings for me on my 3DS.
Did you forget the loader? When you uptaded for first time, did you try playing straight away or did it just error on first try?

Ichida

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Before I ran the upgrade I updated my AKAIO to 1.8.6 as instructed, ran the update, it said it had worked, and showed up on my DSi as the DORASU with the angel wings. I immediately put it into my 3DS, where it showed up as an Acekard2i, not the angel wings. Launching it immediately prompted the BSOD. I put it back in my DSi and tried running it, but got what I can only assume is the Japanese BSOD. I even read that some people got theirs working after deleting their AKAIO and re-applying it to the microSD, which made no change for me.

jabato

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Your acekard is HW44 like mine. Still no way to update it, if you did it with the old installer you have to reflash an old firmware with a dslite

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: It's how we used to cheat at Pokewalker.