Hacking Acekard 2i 3DS update

D

Deleted User

Kinda off topic, but is it just me, but do Acekard 2is that didn't need any paper/sellotape to be put around the device to boot properly on the DSi/Lite now need them, and the other way round for people that did use to?

I'm saying this because on my DSi and XL, the Acekard 2i was very odd about the slot, and needed paper and/or sellotape around the damn thing to boot up properly and be recognised. Whereas the same Acekard 2i on the 3DS works a charm and doesn't need anything around it. Very odd.

D

Deleted User

CrazySka said:
Im just gonna wait until they release an 3ds card. Like the Acekard 3, and just keep my 2 just for my ds lite (DS,gba).
Well, they're now releasing Acekard 2is with the 3DS-update-flash already installed on them. So I'd assume they work. Unless of course you mean with 3DS game support...

Princess Rozalin

†GBAtemp Official Princess Of Roses†
Trophies
Website
z10.invisionfree.com
XP
Country
United States
Just wondering some things hope you can reply.My 3DS arrived today my Acekard is HWID is 81 and My 3DS Updated a few mins ago.Is the fix working and is it true you can brick your 3DS from using the Acekard or Supercard DS Two I have both.For whoever reply Thanks in advance.

xakota

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Princess Rozalin said:
Just wondering some things hope you can reply.My 3DS arrived today my Acekard is HWID is 81 and My 3DS Updated a few mins ago.Is the fix working and is it true you can brick your 3DS from using the Acekard or Supercard DS Two I have both.For whoever reply Thanks in advance.
We don't know, but it seems highly unlikely at this point. We can definitely tell you that it won't brick you NOW, but Nintendo is claiming they may brick you with a system update.

Jmes1991

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So... 3DS has a new update. Has anyone updated to the new Nintendo 3DS firmware? Can anyone confirm if the update works with the acekard 2i? (This question is for those who have successfully gotten the acekard 2i to update as well as their Nintendo 3DS update to 1.001 or whatever it's called).

Vitet

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Jmes1991 said:
So... 3DS has a new update. Has anyone updated to the new Nintendo 3DS firmware? Can anyone confirm if the update works with the acekard 2i? (This question is for those who have successfully gotten the acekard 2i to update as well as their Nintendo 3DS update to 1.001 or whatever it's called).

It works. I'm on 1.1.0-1e on 3DS

Jmes1991

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Vitet said:
Jmes1991 said:

Thank you kind one! I'm assuming you ran the update, or was the firmware like that out of the box?

Vitet

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Jmes1991 said:
Vitet said:
Jmes1991 said:

Thank you kind one! I'm assuming you ran the update, or was the firmware like that out of the box?

I updated via Internet

Jmes1991

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Vitet said:
Jmes1991 said:
Vitet said:
Jmes1991 said:

I updated via Internet

Alright thanks man (: I'm assuming the update you're referring to is the one that adds video compatibility with the sample nintendo provided xD Thanks for being responsive (:

D

Deleted member 250907

I tried it yesterday and it worked fine on the 3ds. Haven't had any problems. Sounds like the problems are coming more from the hardware than the software. I was playing castlevania portrait of ruin on the 3ds yesterday. Some acekards seem to have trouble connecting properly to the 3ds

Lakerfanalways

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just got my 3DS and everything is going smoothly..I updated the 3ds..put in the flash card that I had already put in the update and everything works!! Just wish the bottom screen were a little bit bigger. I have eye problems so for me a bigger screen is always better, but I still have the dsi xl if I want to use that..so its nice having two versions to choose from and WOW the 3d screen is amazing! WOW!

Ichida

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Put AKAIO 1.8.6 on my Acekard2i
Ran the DSi version of the Acekard2i 3DS fix on my NA DSi.
Went through it fine - "Update complete - reboot DS."
rebooted, have the angel icon and the DORASU game name.
Tried launching it on the DSi and got a black screen with Japanese text. Nothing further.
Put into updated NA 3DS - read it as "Acekard 2i."
Booted - got black screen of death.

So now my Acekard2i doesn't work on either handheld. I read that there was a difference in version; HW-something, but I don't know how to check that at this point.

Help? T~T

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Jayro @ Jayro: The phat model had amazingly loud speakers tho.