Hacking Acekard 2 ver 2.1

xomp

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, so after 3 months of waiting I finally get my Acekard 2 ver 2.1 from DealExtreme, pop it in and it's just sitting at "Loading". I've tried formatting the SD Card as Fat32, Fat in Windows and have tried the Panasonic SD Formatter with no luck at all. I have tried the latest firmware on their website and have extracted it onto the root of the SD Card as advised.

Anyone know what the hell is going on with this? I have a Nintendo DS Model No. NTR-001 using a SanDisk 4Gb MicroSD card.

Please help :3

xomp

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks, I tried that just now and got the exact same thing.

Side Note: If you don't have any MicroSD card inserted into the Acekard 2 and boot the DS with it, does it too get stuck at "Loading"? Or is there another error all together?

Leonidas

Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
I don't know for sure, sometimes you also get a "FAT error" if there is a kernel file missing. Is your Acekard spring loaded or a regular slide-in? Maybe you should stick a piece of paper with your msd card into the slot, to press it down somewhat to make a better contact.

xomp

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've never had any FAT errors before so I think I'm good there.

My Acekard 2 is spring loaded from what I can tell (it snaps in and out like a DS Game). I too thought maybe there wasn't good contact between the MicroSD and the Acekard 2 and have tried shimming paper in but no such luck :/

The Acekard 2 does atleast show up on the DS when I first boot, but after that nothing but that "Loading" screen for infinity. I hate DealXtreme for this. They made me wait 5 months to get this and it doesn't work.

Never again.

xomp

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks,

According to the website mine is real. I have tried that older version as well with no luck. Still stuck at "Loading". Maybe a 4Gb Sandisk HC MicroSD is too much for this? I'm at a loss here :/

EDIT: Here are high res photos of my Acekard 2.

1001326f.jpg

1001328.jpg

kyosuke_nanbu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I also have been very frustrated with this problem.

I've read numerous threads about the new batch of carts having different hardware ID and only way to play the game successfully, is to use older version of AK official firmware.

- ak2_407_a15 from http://www.acekard.com/download.php.

At first, I thought my microSD was at fault, so I ordered new 8gb microSD from Kingston, and it does same thing as my previous microSD.

I tried AKAIO 1.5.1 , 1.5.0 / 1.4.0 but all of them either freezes at loading screen or only music plays when the game attempts to save.

I suppose you can either wait until some kind of fix is released or return it and exchange it with different cart.

I am a little disappointed by this inconvenience caused by 'supposedly' great cart, but if I can't get a use out of it, I might as well replace it with the one that works well.
frown.gif

Here are some data to reference to:

- Acekard 2 v2.1 purchased from RealHotStuff during the first week of January

- Using Nintendo DS Lite I got when it was first released

- AKAIO 1.5.0 / 1.5.1 / 1.4.0 freezes when attempting to load games.

- Official firmware 4.21 (latest) somewhat works, but for certain games (such as Cooking Mama 3) corrupt the entire microSD stick, requiring it to be formatted.

- Official firmware 4.07a15 works flawlessly but obviously won't be able to play any new games.

- HW ID displayed from 'Help' menu is '80'

xomp

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Funny how all but the ak2_407_a15 are downloadable there lmao. Seems they DON'T want people to have a working cart.
glare.gif

It seems those older firmware versions are for the RPG? :wtf: not sure they will work on an Acekard 2.

Update: I've tried the ak2_407_a15 file from here http://www.acekard.com/download/ak2/ with the same issue. Just a blue "Loading" freeze. Seems nothing out there can get this shit working. ffffffffffffffffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuu I'll never do business with DealXtreme again. Shitty Chinese Ding-Dong-Dynasty company selling crap on a cracker!

Netanel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xomp said:
Funny how all but the ak2_407_a15 are downloadable there lmao. Seems they DON'T want people to have a working cart.
glare.gif

It seems those older firmware versions are for the RPG? :wtf: not sure they will work on an Acekard 2.

Update: I've tried the ak2_407_a15 file from here http://www.acekard.com/download/ak2/ with the same issue. Just a blue "Loading" freeze. Seems nothing out there can get this shit working. ffffffffffffffffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuu I'll never do business with DealXtreme again. Shitty Chinese Ding-Dong-Dynasty company selling crap on a cracker!
I feel you pain.
I got a shitty acekard2.1 from them as well. My card is exactly like yours judging from the pics.
At least mine can run 407_a15, but its still a piece of shit. I struggled alot with it.

I know its not much, but I can only suggest that you again try 407_a15, and again make sure that there is full contact between the card and the ds, and between the SD and the card.
I had to mess around with my card so it could be recognized at all so its worth a try.

xomp

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Want to hear something funny? Paypal refuses to refund my money on this purchase. I reported them to Paypal for sending non-working items and Paypal's buyer protection just told me to go fuck myself.

Nice.

karyuudo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kyosuke_nanbu said:
I also have been very frustrated with this problem.

I've read numerous threads about the new batch of carts having different hardware ID and only way to play the game successfully, is to use older version of AK official firmware.

- ak2_407_a15 from http://www.acekard.com/download.php.

At first, I thought my microSD was at fault, so I ordered new 8gb microSD from Kingston, and it does same thing as my previous microSD.

I tried AKAIO 1.5.1 , 1.5.0 / 1.4.0 but all of them either freezes at loading screen or only music plays when the game attempts to save.

I suppose you can either wait until some kind of fix is released or return it and exchange it with different cart.

I am a little disappointed by this inconvenience caused by 'supposedly' great cart, but if I can't get a use out of it, I might as well replace it with the one that works well.
frown.gif

Here are some data to reference to:

- Acekard 2 v2.1 purchased from RealHotStuff during the first week of January

- Using Nintendo DS Lite I got when it was first released

- AKAIO 1.5.0 / 1.5.1 / 1.4.0 freezes when attempting to load games.

- Official firmware 4.21 (latest) somewhat works, but for certain games (such as Cooking Mama 3) corrupt the entire microSD stick, requiring it to be formatted.

- Official firmware 4.07a15 works flawlessly but obviously won't be able to play any new games.

- HW ID displayed from 'Help' menu is '80'

So far I can get everything working (minus Zelda Spirit Tracks DRM protection on the train) using AIKIO 1.5.1, + AK 4.11 RPG firmware. I really hope those guys at ACE2Kard address this problem because I feel like I got ripped off of a card that should be working properly with AK2 4.21 Firmware

kyosuke_nanbu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just wanted to follow up with my previous post.

I received the new cart from RHS and it's working flawlessly!
biggrin.gif

Old one I received was spring-loaded, but the new one I got isn't. It does not freeze at all and tested with latest games without any problems.

I'd advise you to contact the seller, which you bought the cart from, and request for exchange, possibly incorporating the story from RHS themselves in my previous entry.
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @BakerMan needs more expand dong