Hacking Acekard 2 ver 2.1

mrbass

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Out of 80 or so acekard 2 so far no problems. I'd say these are rock solid cards almost went with the EDGE but now I'm glad I chose acekard 2. Think outta 50+ M3 Simply's had one spring break but it really was the kids fault as he was abusive with it.

nick944

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
just got my V2.1. lol they put the sticker on upside down, funny thing is I ordered it for a friend not me so I'll be laughing pretty hard when he tries to put it in his DS upside down
rolleyes.gif

ozzymud

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just got a freebie replacement in FROM Acekard, it is a 2.1, so far so good
smile.gif
Still waiting on my original to return from the place where i bought it, not in stock till Oct 1
frown.gif

Swip

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ozzymud said:
Just got a freebie replacement in FROM Acekard, it is a 2.1, so far so good
smile.gif
Still waiting on my original to return from the place where i bought it, not in stock till Oct 1
frown.gif
Did you have to pay shipping?

ozzymud

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nope, not a cent... i love these guys
smile.gif

the reply email they sent me:
QUOTE said:
Hi
We're some problems before of QC of factory. But we're resolved the problem. I think your reseller keep replacing a bad card for you. Anyway we'll replace one card for you. I'll give you the tracking number after we send it. Thank you and sorry for the inconvenience.

Regards
Acekard

Edit: I AM still waiting on a replacement from the retailer as well!!
smile.gif

ozzymud

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If it is not a 2.1 then from my discussions with Acekard, it might still be one of the bad ones... unless it is older stock... only thing you can do is try it for a while and see.

My distributor said he could send me a replacement now... but it would not have the 2.1 on it, he admitted to not knowing if it would die or not, and reccomended i wait till Oct 1 till he got his new shipment in and those would be the v2.1 cards.

iann

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Is it definite that all the AK2's from the newer "improved" batch have the words "VER 2.1" printed on the label.
I ask because last week I received another replacement AK2 from OzModChips, (this is now my 3rd AK2 in as many months).
The replacement is supposed to be from the new batch but it does not have the words "VER 2.1" printed on the label.
It also gave a FAT Error after just 5 days, only happened once, but not a good sign I think.

ozzymud

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not definate that i know of... but it looks like your own experience has made it a little bit more for sure
frown.gif
My vendor is waiting on another batch, says he could send me one now and i could take my chances, but he would rather wait for the 1.2's

Fat Error = old one = send it back

Haven't read anywhere about a 2.1 having any errors.... yet

Edit: I plan to buy more of these, and will definately inqure if they have 2.1 ON the label from now on at least.

cory1492

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks H4ndy. Doesn't really look any different than the one I have, which doesn't say 2.1 (right down to that suspicious LSD looking blotter in the corner by the asic.) Makes me wonder if they just didn't find a kludge-up in the ASIC code rather than it actually being down to QA.

ozzymud

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From several other posts, it appears it was a cold solder joint... so i would expect it to look the same if that were the case and it was indeend a QC issue

ozzymud

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mhkwong said:
here is the acekard 2 v2.1 packaging compared with the v1 package.

Dont know anyone who has received a paper box one yet... there is a thread here about those

The ones in the paper box are supposedly a whole new design... no chip sticking through, black pcb, different sd slot side layout...

my 2.1 labeled green pcb arrived in a plastic clamshell package.

zhuzhuchina

Trophies
Website
www.zhuzhuchina.com
XP
Country
Switzerland
i just received my first 200 acekard 2 . ver 2.1 black version.
here some photos. cool , and i hope better than first version !

to note that label is sold apart for reseller, usually retail customer get with label already on flashcard

Ak2New2.1a.jpg

Ak2New2.1b.jpg

Ak2New2.1c.jpg

ozzymud

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is the 2nd v2.1 as talked about in this thread.

Apparently there are now 4 different Acekard2 "models":

Acekard2 - pre quality control goofup (no un-normal amount of errors reported on these, no need to return if no errors)
Acekard2 - bad batch with cold solder joints (fat error, 0101010 problems, if you have these errors even once... return it)
Acekard2 v2.1 - corrected batch with green pcb (these are the replacement ones vendors have been receiving upto now)
Acekard2 v2.1 - full redesign with black pcb and no chip sticking through case. (these are just now starting to show up)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Mondooooo @ Mondooooo: and it tasted like shit