OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
A brand new engine of saving and reading card for Acekard2. Faster and more stable. Castlevania should be never lag on any TF cards.
Press "a" to use new engine and long press "a" for old engine.
If there's any black or white screen please disable all special functions first.
Merged all main features from bliss's firmware. Thanks to bliss.
*Improved supporting of running GBA games via expansion cards.
*Support mp3, txxt, avi, dsm, ogg, wav and so on direclty. (avi need convert first. txt support mark)
*Support AR code in dat and xml format.
*You can set uniquee settings for every single game.
*Support multi save slot for one game.
*Support automatically run after start up. You can long press b button to enter ak2's menu. Support short cut.
*Support hide files and folders. Support hide extension name.
Fixed save issue of DQ5

Download:
Official Site: http://www.acekard.com/download.php#ak2
GBAtemp: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?download=3062

dewback

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tinymonkeyt said:
Diffusion said:
Support multi save slot for one game
they have save slots for the acekard 2?

his is a Feature that was in the bliss loader. The Bliss Loader was using the release to load with more options for save slots and turning on pachs per game. This is great because the Bliss loader is a lot better but had to wait for it to be updated.

Smiths

AKAIO Person of Interest TAGS ARE THE BEST
Developer
Trophies
Website
www.gamergeddon.com
XP
Country
United States
so basically it's AKAIO-lite...

this is what they made of it.
Let's drink, Normmatt.
I got my 4 AKs out of the code in this. shoulda asked for a replacement DS Lite
frown.gif

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It's not AIO. It's based on Bliss' menu, which uses a lot of the code from the previous version of AIO (I think I said that right).

Smiths, this may actually be a good sign. At least they're incorporating code from the custom firmware. Since you and Normmatt are continuing to develop your code (and Bliss isn't), it seems like they may now be open to adding some of your features to it. Maybe Normmatt's slow-motion code can be added (and then supported by the Acekard team).

It's a little funny that the default skin (black) says "Acekard RPG" on it instead of "Acekard 2" (or just "Acekard").

-Bri

Gevexx

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Bri said:
It's not AIO. It's based on Bliss' menu, which uses a lot of the code from the previous version of AIO (I think I said that right).

Smiths, this may actually be a good sign. At least they're incorporating code from the custom firmware. Since you and Normmatt are continuing to develop your code (and Bliss isn't), it seems like they may now be open to adding some of your features to it. Maybe Normmatt's slow-motion code can be added (and then supported by the Acekard team).

It's a little funny that the default skin (black) says "Acekard RPG" on it instead of "Acekard 2" (or just "Acekard").

-Bri

Yeah maybe but i think that the devs are just lazy and wait until smiths code everything so that they can overtake it.

IOwnAndPwnU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Bri said:

-Bri

So would you say this is better than AKAIO 1.1r2 ? Or is it the same .. kinda looks like the same.

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Gevexx said:
Yeah maybe but i think that the devs are just lazy and wait until smiths code everything so that they can overtake it.

Maybe, but I don't see that as a problem. I kind of prefer that they concentrate on compatibility updates in the loader. Remember that the Acekard team will also be responsible for supporting all these new features when they update the loader. It was a concern for Smiths and Normmatt that when they implement new features, they had to recode everything every time the Acekard team changed the loader. If the Acekard team incorporates features into the official loader, they take over support in future versions, taking the burden of support off of Smiths and Normmatt, allowing them to concentrate on coding new features (which is probably what they prefer to do anyway).

-Bri

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
IOwnAndPwnU said:
Bri said:

-Bri

So would you say this is better than AKAIO 1.1r2 ? Or is it the same .. kinda looks like the same.

It's probably very similar (maybe identical) to Bliss' latest menu, which is based on some of the same code that AIO is based on (both use code from AIO's predecessor, AKBBS). But AIO has had some new features since Bliss stopped development of his menu, so I'd say AIO is better. AIO is perhaps slightly less stable than the official given that Smiths and Normmatt are constantly adding new features to it.

-Bri

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Smiths said:
Bri said:
Remember that the Acekard team will also be responsible for supporting all these new features when they update the loader.

HAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAH

oh yeah, that'll be the day.

Now that they've added the new functionality to the official menu, I don't think they have a choice. If a future version of their loader breaks something in the official menu, they'll either have to remove that functionality (which will cause a lot of problems for them) or else fix the menu code accordingly.

-Bri

Takoru

Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
But, why isn't it possible to use it with an AKRPG? I thought it's open source... so it should get such firmwares before the AK2, lol.

Normmatt

Former AKAIO Programmer
Trophies
Website
normmatt.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
The new loading engine is only for the AK2, the AKRPG and AK+ versions of bliss' merged firmwares won't have any compatibility fixes except for the DQ5 fix i think.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip.
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    and good morning everyone
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BakerMan, his partner is Luke
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Sup nerds
    +1
  • Flame @ Flame:
    oh hi, Sickly
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh hi flame
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @K3Nv2 what was your ps4 situation
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    did you always have a ps4 you never updated
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or were you able to get new ps4 tracking it \
    as soon as the hack was announced
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or did you have to find a used one with the lower firm ware that was not updated
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got this ps4 at launch and never updated since 9.0
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You got a good chance of buying a used one and asking the seller how often they used or even ask for a Pic of fw and telling them not to update
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    Speaking of PLaystation. I see Evilnat put out a beta for PS3 CFW 4.91.2 on the 22nd.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't really see the point in updating it tbh
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea you right, I thought about updating my PS3 CFW to 4.91, but why really, everything plays fine now. I guess for people that have already updated past 4.9 it would be helpful.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Idk if online servers are still active that would be my only thought
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Thats true, personally I don't play it online at all, in fact, I deleted all wifi details on it once I installed CFW, so it won't connect and auto-update itself
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Thats true, personally I don't play it online at all, in fact, I deleted all wifi details on it...