kenio8185

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
About 6-8 months ago, I got an Acekard 2 from dealextreme. It worked fine but recently, it just stopped loading. When I turn on the ds with it in the ds, the ds loads as if nothing is in the the ds card slot. I tried on my friend's ds as well, again, nothing happened. Can anyone tell me how I can fix this?

PS. One thing that MIGHT be affecting this (although I doubt it) is that I haven't updated my Acekard2 since the day I received it. Would that cause this?

kenio8185

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
RhiGhost said:
Have you tried formatting your microSD card?
i`ll be trying that now

Posts merged

QUOTE(robertw00t @ Aug 12 2009, 11:35 AM) It could possibly be a connection problem.

Try to press down on the cartridge hard and make sure it's in there nice and snug.
It didn`t work, but i didn`t wanna press TOO hard so maybe that`s why.

MalayZN

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey,

Ya I had the same issue pretty sure acekard has a one year warranty if I'm not mistaken email them and see what they say.

But ya even if you formated your sd card or not even have a SD card in there it should still show in your DS menu.......

So it probably is the card if you tested it on another DS already

Good Luck with that

If worst comes to worst you can always get anotherone from deal extreme for pretty cheap anyways. ^^

kenio8185

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
MalayZN said:
Hey,

Ya I had the same issue pretty sure acekard has a one year warranty if I'm not mistaken email them and see what they say.

But ya even if you formated your sd card or not even have a SD card in there it should still show in your DS menu.......

So it probably is the card if you tested it on another DS already

Good Luck with that

If worst comes to worst you can always get anotherone from deal extreme for pretty cheap anyways. ^^
Hmm... A one year warranty? I might look into it. I wasn't really freaking out because I could easily just order another one from dealextreme for a good price. I guess i'll have to do that. Anyways, thx for your help.

smellyfungus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yesterday after i put some new stuff in my microsd card and put my acekard back in my DSi, it came up blank.
i freaked out for a second and then just took the acekard out and put it back in and everything was fine again.

could be a contact issue.
maybe your situation is similar.

doyama

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One thing I have found is that if you're using a Windows based computer, putting the sd card back in and properly ejecting the card can help, rather than just yanking it out.

Though to be honest it could just be the whole remove/reseat thing that's actually fixing the problem
tongue.gif

kenio8185

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
smellyfungus said:
yesterday after i put some new stuff in my microsd card and put my acekard back in my DSi, it came up blank.
i freaked out for a second and then just took the acekard out and put it back in and everything was fine again.

could be a contact issue.
maybe your situation is similar.

QUOTE(doyama @ Aug 13 2009, 08:40 PM) One thing I have found is that if you're using a Windows based computer, putting the sd card back in and properly ejecting the card can help, rather than just yanking it out.

Though to be honest it could just be the whole remove/reseat thing that's actually fixing the problem
tongue.gif
Smellyfungus, i tried putting nothing in there except the firmware, still wouldn't load.
Doyama, I ALWAYS eject the sd card rather than just yanking it out.
I suspect that I just got a bad Acekard, i'm not angry, it happens. Back when I was getting my first card for my ds about 3-4 years ago, I got about 5 cards in a row (3 of them supercard, 2 r4's) that stopped working within hours of receiving them. Returned all of them of course, then the site asked me to try the m3, i said yes, they sent it over, and that was the one that FINALLY worked. The fact that my first Acekard lasted this long is a blessing compared to that. So I'll just order another one, hopefully it will last longer.

dewback

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you are not the only one with this problem. I got mine over a year ago and not loading at all. They are less then $11 so just going to get a new on from DX.

kenio8185

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Another World said:
if you have an original ak2 from 8-10 months ago, you probably have one from the bad batch. try to get your reseller to replace it as all acekard products have a 1yr warranty.

-another world
I got my Acekard2 from DX. I didn't see anything on their site about a one year warranty. It's ok, they're so cheap i don't mind just buying a new one.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
kenio8185 said:
I got my Acekard2 from DX. I didn't see anything on their site about a one year warranty. It's ok, they're so cheap i don't mind just buying a new one.

because DX doesn't offer the warranty, team acekard does. but DX will honor it and they should send you a new kit if you can prove the date of purchase on your old kit.

see this for more information: http://www.acekard.com/news.php

notice the part where it says...

QUOTEWe offer one year warranty for real AK2 and AK2i. You can contact your reseller for a replacement for any issue of the real AK2 and AK2i. We do not guaranty any safe use of firmware on fake AK2 and AK2i, and on your DS or DSi. We won't offer one year warranty for fake ones in any case. Please pay attention when you're buying Acekard. Thanks

-another world

kenio8185

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Another World said:
kenio8185 said:

because DX doesn't offer the warranty, team acekard does. but DX will honor it and they should send you a new kit if you can prove the date of purchase on your old kit.

see this for more information: http://www.acekard.com/news.php

notice the part where it says...

QUOTEWe offer one year warranty for real AK2 and AK2i. You can contact your reseller for a replacement for any issue of the real AK2 and AK2i. We do not guaranty any safe use of firmware on fake AK2 and AK2i, and on your DS or DSi. We won't offer one year warranty for fake ones in any case. Please pay attention when you're buying Acekard. Thanks

-another world
Ok, i found my paypal statement, it said I bought it in feb of 2009. I emailed dx and told them that, i'll wait and see what they say.

CodeEight

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kenio8185 said:
you know what, i've decided to get a dsi (i used my friend's today, and i thought it was awesome). So i need an acekard 2i anyways.
hmm, thats another way to go. actually saves all the trouble looking for the warranty and waitting for their response.

kenio8185

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Blob said:
MMM Same shit just happened to me... Just got it in today.... From DX... Loaded fine all afternoon now this mornin' nothing... Clones comin out of DX???
hate2.gif
No, dx doesn't have clones, but they don't check their items before hand. So if they get a bad batch of carts, they aren't gonna know unless they get complaints.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    nes remix 1 had the bad one, nes remix 2 had the good one
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @genistopitauniverfrocrami, What drugs is this dude on?
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    CRAZY HAMBURGER
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @NinStar both nes remix 1 and 2 had some stinkers in there
    +1
    but at least 2 doesn't have sports games
    loved nes remix, but hated having to play Baseball, Tennis and Golf in order to progress
    +1
    or fucking Clu Clu Land for that matter
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Not a big fan of NES kid Icarus either... I know it was popular but I didn't care for it.
    Yesterday I learned my BD Burner drive can burn CD's at 56X lol
  • cearp @ cearp:
    What stuff were you burning?
    I used to burn tons of dvds (data files) many years ago, but haven't burnt a disk in ages.
    My car actually reads MP3 CD's lol
    So mix CDs for myselt :)
    Pantera, Metallica, Hollywood Undead, Five Finger Death Punch, some others lol
    I can put like 90 songs on a CD lol
    if only it could read dvds then you would just need 1 disc
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i tell ya what, i could go for a fuckin gyro right about now
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    I hope your brother is doing ok Mr BakerMan
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    and Psi - I had a cd player / radio that played mp3 cds once, very cool
    +1
    BakerMan yeah me too.... maybe that's gonna be dinner for me there is this place near me I have been dying to try and they have them lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I miss usb mp3 players they were shit but at the time a go to
    @The Real Jdbye, I thought about that and I have blank DVD's and Blurays but honestly after like 90 songs I just listen to it a couple of hundred times toss it out and burn something else or have like 2-3 CD's. Florida here the heat in the car tends to ruin the CD's after like a few months even commercial pressed ones don't last too long.
    my music collection is just too big, i require variety
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: my music collection is just too big, i require variety