Hacking Acekard 2 died, recommendations for a simple, stable replacement card?

nissansupragtr

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes I posted this in the supercard forums b/c i didn't realize this was here and it looked like the best alternative. Are there other flash carts that can use my game saves (512k .nds.sav) and is reliable, ie wont crap out after a month?

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Or you can get a CycloDS. The EDGE is just a clone card, so it's probably made with lesser quality parts, thus it has a higher chance to die like your AK2.

Your saves will be compatible with any other flash card thanks to the save converter. But the Cyclo uses the exact same format as AK2 so you don't need to convert.

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It appears that the quality control problems that Acekard was having with recent batches of the AK2 have been resolved in the latest batches. According to OzModChips, the latest batches have had no returns whereas the two previous batches had 10% - 15% returns due to some bad carts.

So assuming you liked the AK2, it is likely safe to exchange your broken one for a new one.

-Bri

nissansupragtr

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bri said:
It appears that the quality control problems that Acekard was having with recent batches of the AK2 have been resolved in the latest batches. According to OzModChips, the latest batches have had no returns whereas the two previous batches had 10% - 15% returns due to some bad carts.

So assuming you liked the AK2, it is likely safe to exchange your broken one for a new one.

-Bri

Well it looks like dealextreme might replace my faulty unit. Im still going to get a supercard from realhotstuff so I dont have to wait a few months to play my ds (ill be in college by then), and I can always sell the acekard/ keep it as a backup or whatever

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
@nissansupragtr: dealextreme has been very good about replacing faulty units, so you I imagine you'll have a new AK2 in a few weeks. Let us know which you like better.

@IOwnAndPwnU: You're probably safe, but it also depends on where you bought it from and how much volume they do (i.e. whether they've already gone through the bad batches). Even among the bad batches, OzModChips estimated that only 10% - 15% of the units were bad (which is too large a number, don't get me wrong, but also means that your chances of getting a bad one are relatively low).

-Bri

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
Bri said:

-Bri

thanks for the heads up bri, i wasn't aware that they had fixed the issue yet =)

-another world

nissansupragtr

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well my SCDS1 arrived, and I have to admit that I prefer the simpler interface of the Acekard a bit more (especially with Acekard AIO 1.1 out), but real time save is a feature that I feel is a requirement on any emulator, so SCDS1 wins out based on its features, and hopefully no problems arise as is common with acekard...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: if i have time for that