Hacking Question Accidentally updated to ofw 6.1 - homebrew and nsps no longer work. Please help!

Halm

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Singapore
That might be the reason then.
Any idea what got updated?

from nintendoeverything website:
According to Nintendo, today’s update makes “system stability improvements to enhance the user’s experience”. This includes taking care of a problem “where certain games don’t recognize a Nintendo Switch Online membership for a short time after purchase”.

And also a joy-con controller update.

Heard some people say games are doing the "ET call home" before being able to play? Not sure how many games.

Also, I think OP said his jig was faulty, so no problem with RCM. Guess OP could close the thread since his issue was resolved

Last edited by Halm,
Reactions: ghibbles and HtheB

ghibbles

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
from nintendoeverything website:
According to Nintendo, today’s update makes “system stability improvements to enhance the user’s experience”. This includes taking care of a problem “where certain games don’t recognize a Nintendo Switch Online membership for a short time after purchase”.

And also a joy-con controller update.

Heard some people say games are doing the "ET call home" before being able to play? Not sure how many games.

Also, I think OP said his jig was faulty, so no problem with RCM. Guess OP could close the thread since his issue was resolved

Yep my jig was definitely faulty! How does one go about closing their thread?

annson24

The Patient One
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Exploit in RCM will never be patched by just a system update. That also is true with AutoRCM. Tools that enable AutoRCM works by only corrupting Boot0, nothing else. When the switch detects that Boot0 is corrupted and cannot boot, it will kick you automatically to RCM for repair purpose, but for us it's for a sinister motive. :evil:

A system update also include an update to Boot0, so when you do a system update the corruption you made with Boot0 will be fixed. Simply corrupting it again will bring back AutoRCM.

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did that and entered RCM, at least I think I did, it's just a black screen, but it booted silently like it has done previously when I entered RCM manually.

I have had Tegra open and the option to inject the payload is still not available.. It doesn't appear to be recognized as APX.
Stop saying Tegra lol. That's the name of the chip. Tegrasmash is the appropriate term. Of course "tegra" works. It's a hardware component inside your switch.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: