Hacking Accidentally Bricked Switch, want to see if possible to salvage

superluccix

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I followed the Switch guide here https://switch.homebrew.guide/gettingstarted/beforestarting.html

Anyways, I was able to get CFW and all that stuff. However I had trouble installing NSPs, nothing I did would work. Most of the time I got messages saying the file was too big, since this is fat32, so was told numerous ways to install either usb or LAN etc.

Eventually I still ran into issues so I figured I would delete everything on my SD card and start over again.

I was using AutoCFW, so since I deleted everything on my card I put my jig in again. I downloaded the fusee-test and got the success message. Anyways I just decided to try and boot it up and it doesnt load. At all. No holding the power button down or anything allows this to boot to anything, whether CFW or just a regular boot.

I did have my SysNAND backup, and tried to load it through Tegra, but it gave me an error message.

Edit: I unplugged my usb from switch to pc, so i could make it out of RCM mode. But now when my jig is in, my usb is in, and hit Vol+ and Power, Tegra is not coming on, and even my Windows 10 gives me a message saying the "The last USB Device you inserted Malfunctioned"

Basically I think Im royally screwed, and I dont even know how I messed this up. So I guess I got 2 questions.

1. Am I truly screwed with this not being able to be fixed?

2. Any idea on how I screwed this to begin with?

HollowGrams

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Shouldn’t be “bricked” by wiping the sd card. Surely just put stuff back on the memory card and it should boot.

He might have missing files so cant boot CFW and maybe AutoRCM on so cant boot OFW. Unless we missing something here

superluccix

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
He might have missing files so cant boot CFW and maybe AutoRCM on so cant boot OFW. Unless we missing something here

Ok so sort've good news. I plugged my SD Card back into computer and realized I had a Bootloader Folder alongside the SD Card folder. Made sure to delete that so only SD Card folder was there.

Put SD Card back in Switch, and ran the fusee-test, now it comes back success again instead of not showing anything.

Sadly power button still doesnt come on. But going to try to see if any hekate payloads work, or maybe the sysnand payload

Edit: Ok some more potential good news. I tried to boot hekate, and though it didnt load it, it did load something. In yellow letters it says
Missing LP0 {sleep mode} lib!
Missing or old Minvera lib!
Update bootloader folder!

Edit: Ok guess I should maybe redownload the SD setup from the guide, never had any missing files the first time, so lets see if this helps

Last edited by superluccix,
Reactions: KiiWii

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
So I followed the Switch guide here https://switch.homebrew.guide/gettingstarted/beforestarting.html

Anyways, I was able to get CFW and all that stuff. However I had trouble installing NSPs, nothing I did would work. Most of the time I got messages saying the file was too big, since this is fat32, so was told numerous ways to install either usb or LAN etc.

Eventually I still ran into issues so I figured I would delete everything on my SD card and start over again.

I was using AutoCFW, so since I deleted everything on my card I put my jig in again. I downloaded the fusee-test and got the success message. Anyways I just decided to try and boot it up and it doesnt load. At all. No holding the power button down or anything allows this to boot to anything, whether CFW or just a regular boot.

I did have my SysNAND backup, and tried to load it through Tegra, but it gave me an error message.

Edit: I unplugged my usb from switch to pc, so i could make it out of RCM mode. But now when my jig is in, my usb is in, and hit Vol+ and Power, Tegra is not coming on, and even my Windows 10 gives me a message saying the "The last USB Device you inserted Malfunctioned"

Basically I think Im royally screwed, and I dont even know how I messed this up. So I guess I got 2 questions.

1. Am I truly screwed with this not being able to be fixed?

2. Any idea on how I screwed this to begin with?
What is AutoCFW? Do you mean AutoRCM? AutoRCM is not stored on the SD card, to uninstall it you need to run the installer again, so that would be why you can't boot normally. Also, since you deleted the files off the SD that's probably why you can't boot CFW.

superluccix

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm, going back to https://www.sdsetup.com/console?switch and redownloading the SD folder and putting it on SD card, then putting it back in Switch to inject hekate still brought the same error or missing lib

Edit: On a random tangent, just curious. I notice when I plus my USB into my Switch, before attempting to hit Vol+ and Power....Tegra then shows the green RCM available. But I thought it still needed me to manually hit Vol+ and Power?

Its almost like it still thinks my autoRCM is still enabled? I thought that would go away when the SD Card was wiped?

Edit: Yeah even when I take my jig out, then plug the USB in, Tegra automatically shows RCM OK. Wonder if this means anything

Last edited by superluccix,

superluccix

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh thank the fucking heavens. So looks like I was a retard on 2 things.

1st. I actually brought the SD Folder to the SD Card, instead of just emptying the contents of the SD Folder to the SD Card.

and 2. AutoRCM was enabled the entire time . So I just turned it off and now I can actually see my damn normal switch screen again.

Granted, Im back at my starting point in trying to find the best way to install games, but at least with this Im not freaking out now. Christ

Reactions: KiiWii

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh thank the fucking heavens. So looks like I was a retard on 2 things.

1st. I actually brought the SD Folder to the SD Card, instead of just emptying the contents of the SD Folder to the SD Card.

and 2. AutoRCM was enabled the entire time . So I just turned it off and now I can actually see my damn normal switch screen again.

Granted, Im back at my starting point in trying to find the best way to install games, but at least with this Im not freaking out now. Christ
Try using Awoo Installer.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-