Hacking Access SD2VITA card via USB

mumitroll

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I've setup sd2vita, I can access it via VitaShell USB (at least I think it's the sd card?) and
Code:
ux0
is displayed as 64gb (my normal vita card is 8gb) but any media I put on it is not displayed on the vita.

I dropped a wallpaper in
Code:
/data/
but the folder but the files don't appear there.

Tried removing the real Vita Memory Card and check with Vita Shell, again,
Code:
ux0:
is still listed as 64gb but when I try to launch USB mode the error
Code:
0x80244112
pops up, and if I switch the USB mode from Memory to Game card (thought maybe because of SD2Vita) it just says "Insert Game Gard".

Kind of confused.

KuroGentei

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
kuro.today
XP
Country
Germany
Is currently not supported by vitashell. Just use the Mirco SD card directly on the PC, which is easier and also faster than via FTP.

Purple_Heart

GBATemp´s weirdest Individual
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
dont use micro sd via usbreader..... if you set up your sd for vita dont take it out.. because if you insert it a second time, the vita wont reconize it so you have to format it and yeah everything is gone

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

i transfer my games via USB to my sony memorycard (uma0) and copy them over to sd via vitashell

and for those who are getting an error on vpk install: on pc extract vpk as folder. copy it to vita and install folder via Vitashell

make sure that the game isnt a maidump or vitashell wont install the folder. use maidumptool for maidumps

Last edited by Purple_Heart,

Advanced User

Trophies
XP
Country
dont use micro sd via usbreader..... if you set up your sd for vita dont take it out.. because if you insert it a second time, the vita wont reconize it so you have to format it and yeah everything is gone
That is nonsense. I have removed it several times to copy files, which is much faster than USB. You just need to power down your Vita before removing the microsd, and leave it turned off until after you have put it back.

BADDINOROX99

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That is nonsense. I have removed it several times to copy files, which is much faster than USB. You just need to power down your Vita before removing the microsd, and leave it turned off until after you have put it back.
that's exactly what I was thinking.. they clearly said you can't hot swap your SD card
meaning you got to power down completely before removing the adapter and the SD card

Reactions: JamiePashley

Purple_Heart

GBATemp´s weirdest Individual
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
My fault because i fixed it. (I always turn off vita before removing SD). I turned of vita and took my Sony memorycard out, booted vita. It updated the database. I turned off again put the Sony memorycard back. It updated database again. After that the SD worked again.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/shorts/T78NsMwZOA0