About translating nds games

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by Cachwir, Feb 15, 2009.

Feb 15, 2009

About translating nds games by Cachwir at 6:18 PM (1,123 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. Cachwir
    OP

Newcomer Cachwir Member

France
    I'd like to know if it's a good thing to translate Japanese games with a translator. Because I'd like to help but I don't speak Japanese.... If it's the case, could you please give me the name of a good one?

2. twiztidsinz

Member twiztidsinz Taiju Yamada Fan

United States
    NO!

3. War

Member War Take it easy~

Japan
    No, it's definitely not a good thing. The translator will not only mix up the word order, it will also translate some things completely wrong. It's never a good idea to do a translation using an online translator.

4. DarthNemesis

Member DarthNemesis GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    But what you can do, if you have any programming experience, is figure out how to extract the script from the game and into a format that a human translator can work with. You'll be much more likely to find a willing translator if you show that you'll be able to take care of the rest.

5. Cachwir
    OP

Newcomer Cachwir Member

France
    No I haven't... [​IMG]

6. hdofu

Member hdofu GBAtemp Regular

United States

no offense but you really can't do much to help with translating unless you know some programing or the language. Translation software at its best has about a 75% accuracy, it would actually waste more time using it as then someone would have to go back and clean up the inaccuracies.