ROM Hack About translating nds games

Cachwir

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I'd like to know if it's a good thing to translate Japanese games with a translator. Because I'd like to help but I don't speak Japanese.... If it's the case, could you please give me the name of a good one?

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Cachwir said:
I'd like to know if it's a good thing to translate Japanese games with a translator. Because I'd like to help but I don't speak Japanese.... If it's the case, could you please give me the name of a good one?
NO!

War

Take it easy~
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
No, it's definitely not a good thing. The translator will not only mix up the word order, it will also translate some things completely wrong. It's never a good idea to do a translation using an online translator.

DarthNemesis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But what you can do, if you have any programming experience, is figure out how to extract the script from the game and into a format that a human translator can work with. You'll be much more likely to find a willing translator if you show that you'll be able to take care of the rest.

Cachwir

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
DarthNemesis said:
But what you can do, if you have any programming experience

No I haven't...
unsure.gif

hdofu

Trophies
Website
www.wikitsune.com
XP
Country
United States
Cachwir said:
DarthNemesis said:
But what you can do, if you have any programming experience

No I haven't...
unsure.gif

no offense but you really can't do much to help with translating unless you know some programing or the language. Translation software at its best has about a 75% accuracy, it would actually waste more time using it as then someone would have to go back and clean up the inaccuracies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/K-Gqyv0gkHc?si=nGlIcg7Lr7OPfc4a