• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

About today’s Florida shooting

Captain_N

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm more then 40 mins north of parkland. I was at work in a college when it happened. I'm wondering if they pick places like schools because of hatred or because its a gun free zone. We are going to here the liberal left use this event as a reason to take your guns. Its really sad that they use events like this for political gain. These events make me want to play GOD and use time travel to prevent this. I guess it would be like the minority report

Navonod

Luigi from Luigi's Mansion
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Americans who love guns have been brainwashed like some one who blows themselves in the name of peace.
As an American I don't currently own any guns nor do I love them but I do think you should have a better gun than the enemy.

RustInPeace

Samurai Cop
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I understand what you're saying, but have you, for instance, had a family member (or pet, or friend...) die, and had a bunch of people you barely (or maybe don't even!) know come up to you expressly to say "I'm sorry for your loss"? That's what stuff like this feels like to me, but on a much amplified scale. I feel the need for somber reflection and understanding, but I don't want to publicly say things that are not my place to say

The difference is that the shooting has been a publicized event, the airing of grievances does show clear as day that you care about those who were affected. You can be "somber and understanding" about it, but I'd like to at least give one little blurb showing how it affects me, and that doesn't include debating about gun control. A loved one passing is something that can't really be publicized, and sharing that with everyone is not really necessary. So if strangers don't offer condolences, fine, they don't know the situation, how could they? To me it's apples and oranges.

DeslotlCL

GBAtemp's scalie trash
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My condolences to the families and people that were injured or had to lose their life because of some stupid morron.

Seriously, how even can people kill each other? What the hell is going on on their heads before killing someone? How? I cant even kill a friggin fly because im coward fag but yet there are guys who can mass shoot at people just like they were eating pie.The fuck is wrong with people these days. The fuck is wrong with the usa that they do nothing to stop that, at all.

Last edited by DeslotlCL,

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
How does one know what "the enemy" (good lord, America isn't a war zone) has, though? The streets are NOT the place for an miniaturized arms race
You're right, it's not. That's why the sensible people who openly carry don't point their guns willy-fucking-nilly. The street thugs who will slit your throat given the chance are the ones you need to worry about. The ones with unchecked, unlicensed weapons. Good luck trying to take that away.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
If we're being real, we're one of the only (THE only??) countries in the """"developed"""" world that has the problem of such a high number of firearms in our country.]

Like, it's unreal
You don't think that's an entitlement problem? My MAIN point is the people are the issue. You take away one weapon, there will be another. Until eventually you're left eating food like Neanderthals.

Last edited by Kioku,

Flame

Me > You
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
As an American I don't currently own any guns nor do I love them but I do think you should have a better gun than the enemy.

i have a big dick. but most of my magic happens with my tongue.

make love not war.

Cute, you think only Americans can "love guns"...

did i say all?

Americans who...

not all Americans love guns.

Hanafuda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_show_loophole

Read and mourn for the state of our country

I know very well what it is and the whole argument is bullshit. I can sell or gift a gun I own to another resident of my own State, as a private transaction. It's not interstate commerce, or at least so far they haven't ruled that it is, so it's a legal transaction. If the buyer is actually prohibited from possessing firearms and keeps that a secret from the seller, he has committed a crime. If the seller has reason to believe the buyer is prohibited and sells the gun anyway, they've both committed crimes. But the news media makes it out that because of this 'loophole,' you can buy guns over the internet, like mail order. That's false. If you buy a gun from an internet seller, it will be shipped to an FFL dealer where there will be a background check. And most sellers inside the gun shows this 'loophole' is named for are also FFL's, and they conduct background checks.

I'm not opposed to universal background checks but the whole idea that we need that is just evidence that it's people who have changed and are the cause of the mass shooting issue, not guns. My grandfather bought a shotgun from the Sears & Roebuck catalog when he was 14 and they mailed it to his house. No background checks then, and nobody shooting up a school every few months either.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
If we're being real, we're one of the only (THE only??) countries in the """"developed"""" world that has the problem of such a high number of firearms in our country.]

Like, it's unreal

If I'M being real? I also believe that America and its people are slowly deteriorating and soon nothing will be left but money grubbing, power hungry sociopaths.

D

Deleted User

A former student who was apparently expelled for issues inside the school. Mate, the issue isn't gun laws. The issue isn't the gun. It's the person. It's the people. He CLEARLY was a troubled person. He apparently has a background of some mental issues. Instead of getting him the help he needed, he was pushed away. I'm going to say this now, if any of you think guns are ANY part of the problem here, you're an idiot.
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-new...ng-obama-era-gun-checks-people-mental-n727221
Trump Signs Bill Revoking Obama-Era Gun Checks for People With Mental Illnesses

Reactions: Xeroyamil

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States

Flame

Me > You
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP

"only Americans"... well yeah.

what good is a gun other then to kill another human being?

to defend yourself. oh yeah you are the fast draw in the west like every other Jimmy bob.

not to have a bad government which over uses its power. lol trump?

to defend from invasion... US has enough nukes to clean the planet of any living thing.

you have been brainwashed by the gun companies which are so strong and powerful in your government.

you have been paid and brought.

Last edited by Flame,
Reactions: TotalInsanity4
D

Deleted User

That does nothing to argue against what I said. Try again.
Hmm, well I guess you got me there. But, there seems to be a high correlation between states/countries owning guns and the amount of homocides.
C635B1FA-98BF-4B8D-8B39-70E1F74E17B7.pngF8B37A1B-6A4D-42AC-9D40-39E688CBA392.png

Reactions: Flame

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also gonna install twilight menu in my r4 flashcard
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    One thing that just occurred to me.... The sound on the 2600 sucked less back then the harsh sound we hear now is from infinitely better speakers we have now, back when the 2600 was new speakers produced a almost muffled sound, like CRTs made old graphics look slightly better.
    I wonder if I could recommend that to some emulation devs that perhaps the sound could use some smoothing out to simulate those old TVs
    I think a few of the early systems could benefit from that, at least up to the 8 bit generation, by the 16 bit generation I think TVs had gotten a lot better in almost every way
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i dont have an sd card adapter but I have an usb sd card adapter
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Old people games
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    its not the one that comes with the r4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    doesnt work (my flashcard is from r4isdhc.com)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    might install ysmenu first
    Try Wood firmware
    For your R4
    It's old but it's the best firmware out for DS stuff
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    it says it only works for the original R4, R4i Gold (r4ids.cn), R4iDSN (r4idsn.com) and Acekard R.P.G.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm it does support mine
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    but why choose it over ysmenu @Psionic Roshambo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc im stupid?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yea ik im stupid
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    Just give it a try, but honestly if you have a 3DS you can play DS games without a card just off the internal SD card
    Slightly slower loading but a bit more convenient
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, my fuckin headphones have an out of place speaker
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did you try wearing them?
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/eJV6GaIEgd4?si=ciLPnlhfd7XcrxQn