• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

About today’s Florida shooting

DeslotlCL

GBAtemp's scalie trash
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I believe the FBI stopped another planned attack just days after that as well. This stuff happens way too often in the US, and it's pretty much a toss-up as to whether it gets prevented or not.
Well, this one sounds like it could have ended in a huge, huge tragedy...

I really cant understand how people do nothing in your country, how trump is doing nothing... ah yeah, conservatives and the huge amount of money from the nra that moves the government...

Last edited by DeslotlCL,

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Well, this one sounds it could have ended in tragedy... i really cant understand how people do nothing in your country, how trump is doing nothing... ah yeah, conservatives and the huge amount of money from the nra that moves the goverment...
Yep, even after all his boasting to the contrary, Trump is afraid of the NRA like every other Republican.

qqq1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, this one sounds like it could have ended in huge, huge tragedy...

I really cant understand how people do nothing in your country, how trump is doing nothing... ah yeah, conservatives and the huge amount of money from the nra that moves the government...

It's hard to fix all the kids.

qqq1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And thd guns? Not going to blame them (at all) but, a disturbed kid with a knife going on a rampage is easier to avoid and control than one with a gun... just saying tho :unsure:
We've had tons of guns in the USA for a very long time. It never became much of an issue until the kids got crazy. Fix the kids and the objects won't matter. Sure, you could try to limit guns more and more but crazy people will do crazy things no matter what item they can get their hands on.

Last edited by qqq1,

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We've had tons of guns in the USA for a very long time. It never became much of an issue until the kids got crazy. Fix the kids and the objects won't matter. Sure, you could try to limit guns more and more but crazy people will do crazy things no matter what item they can get their hands on.
Only 3 of the (mass) shootings in the last decade were caused by people under 21. It's definitely not just a problem with the kids

qqq1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Only 3 of the (mass) shootings in the last decade were caused by people under 21. It's definitely not just a problem with the kids
Shootings over all have been dropping for years. The only place they're increasing is in schools. I'm not saying kids are the only people who do crazy things. School shootings were the topic. Whether talking about kids or adults the problem is the person not the object they use.

DeslotlCL

GBAtemp's scalie trash
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Shootings over all have been dropping for years. The only place they're increasing is in schools. I'm not saying kids are the only people who do crazy things. School shootings were the topic. Whether talking about kids or adults the problem is the person not the object they use.
Are you really sure it is? Guns ownership where i live is pretty low, rare or taboo and guess what? There dont exist mass shootings or school shootings (:

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, well, let's look at it this way; say a kid had the option of bringing either a knife or a gun to school. Which one would be more effective, and which one would have the better probability of killing more people

qqq1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, well, let's look at it this way; say a kid had the option of bringing either a knife or a gun to school. Which one would be more effective, and which one would have the better probability of killing more people
Or makes a pipe bomb and blows up an entire classroom. Or buys a gallon of gas and kills 100 kids burning the school down. Or hands out poisoned cookies. Or drives a car into a group. More things than a knife exist.

Reactions: Subtle Demise

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Or makes a pipe bomb and blows up an entire classroom. Or buys a gallon of gas and kills 100 kids burning the school down. Or hands out poisoned cookies. Or drives a car into a group. More things than a knife exist.
A pipe bomb is significantly more difficult to make/obtain, and involves acquiring chemicals that are regulated and research that will put you on a watch list if you look it up. Gas has a distinct scent, and the school would most likely be evacuated before it was lit (unless the perpetrator was willing to burn himself alive). Poison is a fair point, I suppose, but again, there's a lot of planning that goes into that kind of attack, plus you'd make yourself look very suspicious by trying to give select people food objects if you're targeting someone

Tigran

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, this one sounds like it could have ended in a huge, huge tragedy...

Because Jesus! And the Second Amendment! Fuck the first Amendment! Fuck the right to vote! And lord Jesus! GOD WILL SOLVE EVERYTHING! JESUS!

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Trump has now flipped back on everything he promised as far as gun control goes, NRA owns his orange ass.

'White House vows to help arm teachers and backs off raising age for buying guns'

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...da0c8e-253a-11e8-bc72-077aa4dab9ef_story.html

'Parkland survivor: Trump 'owned' by NRA just like other politicians'

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/377878-parkland-survivor-trump-is-still-owned-by-the-nra
Like there was any surprise there

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    cearp @ cearp: Welcome hazbeans