ShinraArmy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Basically i just gotta decide on a model and if it'll be internal or usb

and if i go with usb id love to be able to use it on my wii

i havent really done anything with my wii for a while, except play on it, so it's still on 3.2u with rev7 i think, cioscorp and GC backup launcher,

Other than intalling cios 10, would i need to update to 4.0 for the usb loader to work? and are there still hard drives that you just can't play on?

Yes i know, i used the search, but im quite confused with the time of the posts sinc eso many versions of the loader came out, and i don't know which to follow anymore, soem say everything works, some say everything under 500 gigs works, and well, it would be much much simpler to just get an answer from you guys

thank you

Big Kong Boss

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hooya said:
I have a WD My Book Essential 2.0 500GB. Works brilliantly. No spindown issues, always recognized by loaders on first try, good speed and quite inexpensive ($90).

I know of a WD My Book 2.0 1TB (1000 GB) for $100. Recommended by someone I know, and it works really well.

http://www.amazon.com/Western-Digital-Elem...355&sr=8-17

Of course, 1000GB is a bit...much lol, it's still has awesome performance.

thebobinc

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
you don't need to install to 4.0 , there is an all-in-one pack for that somewhere in here, for the usb drive it all depend about your choice , i personally like external enclosure with external power , not expensive and you can put an sata2 drive with 32mb cache in , 3.5" 500 gig Seagate 7200 rpm, 32mb cache is 59.99$ CAN and external enclosure starting at 20$ , if you compare to 2.5" drive they are most 5400 rpm with maybe 8mb cache at the most ...

other thing you have to power of the switch on the external hd to close it , but i never do because i'm lazy to reach up beside the projector
tongue.gif

D

Deleted-171178

I am gonna be 4th to recommend the Western Digital mybook, I have a 500gb one and its worked perfectly from day one, fast, reliable and cheap.

ShinraArmy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just ordered a Seagate free agent, for being the first cheap one i could find

thank you very much for taking the time to answer, everyone ^^

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: Ohhh. NSFW!!!! https://youtu.be/q3C3ceUYXRY?feature=shared