About Medal of Honor Heroes 2 on a PAL Wii.

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by FlashCE, Jan 10, 2008.

Jan 10, 2008
  1. FlashCE
    OP

Newcomer FlashCE Newbie

Australia
    My Wii's modded with Wiikey. I have the 1.3b update, and I've set region override to on using the 1.3 config disc. I can find MoH Heroes 2 (NTSC-US) pirated pretty cheap around here and downloading the game would take ages (Umbrella Chronicles took me 3 whole weeks). From the Wii Wiki, I learn that the game can be played on a PAL Wii using Regionfrii. I also assume that it won't brick a PAL Wii since there's no mentioning of it.

Is it safe for me to buy the game and just play it on my Wii? Or would I have to rip the image of the game, then apply Regionfrii to it? Is Regionfrii even necessary if I have a Wiikey?

Sorry I'm pretty new to this. Thanks in advance.

2. SpiritBoy

Member SpiritBoy GBAtemp Regular

Israel
    Ohshi. My copy of MoHH:2 is not patched at works perfectly on a PAL WiiKey with 1.9g

3. MADKATZ99

Member MADKATZ99 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Australia
    Hmm I dont think it has the same protection SMG had, so you might be right with 1.3.

About the regionfree... does the guy your buying it off know if it has allready been patched? If it works for him, it should work for you even if he didnt patch it with regionfree.

I can try to answer anmore questions in appox 1 week when my copy is finnally done [​IMG]

4. sekhu

Member sekhu moo?

United Kingdom
    if you buy a pirated copy and it's US it will work on your Wii. Remember that applying regionfrii is the same as what your wiikey already does which is autopatching on the fly - you don't need regionfrii if you have a wiikey.

by 1.3b I take it your mean 1.9b?