About eShop saves

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by MG4M3R, Dec 21, 2011.

Dec 21, 2011

About eShop saves by MG4M3R at 3:52 AM (2,075 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. MG4M3R
    OP

Member MG4M3R GBAtemp Regular

Brazil
    When trying to play Freakforms, my 3ds crashed. It wasn't the first time it happened, I believe that my SD card has corrupted much of it's data.

Since the data was corrupted, I just wanted to back up the saves of my eShop titles and re-download everything again, but the 3DS Data Manager treats both as one, so I tried to do it manually.

After looking at the files in the SD, I found that the Freakforms folder was the the one called "00067700", there exists a folder "content" with the game files and a folder "data" with my save (00000001.sav).

Suddenly I stopped and thought ... what we know about the saves of the eshop games?

They are unique for each 3DS? "Freakforms" always have your data stored in the folder "00067700" or the folder changes from 3DS to 3DS? If I upload my save, can the 3ds from someone else read it?

I searched around but could not find a thread talking about it.

2. loco365

Member loco365 GBAtemp Guru

I found a number of games use the known .sav extension. If we can identify what games are stored in what folder, we could attempt to make save editors for 3DSWare.

3. CollosalPokemon

Member CollosalPokemon ばん。。。かい

United States
    I know many game cards use 3DS ROMs (exception: Some carts can hold CSU - CTR System Updater and NO ROM). If we can identify that they have a layer of encryption we can attempt to make editors for 3DS ROMs out of the encrypted roms without decryption =/ It doesn't work that way.

3DSWare saves are encrypted, so mapping that they are stored in a folder won't help a lot. Nintendo wouldn't be stupid enough to make them signed, though. I don't think they use TWCert for saves. Tweaking a couple bytes in LoZ DX I've got a modified Restore Point without getting a corruption error message, so this probably means no signing and no TWCert.

4. tigris

Member tigris Sentient Existential Anthropomorphic Sweet Potato

United Kingdom
    omg its .sav thats what R4 uses just put ur R4 into it and copy freakyforms and you can play it on ur DS omg.

Of course they'd be unique. That's encryption for you.

1 person likes this.
  5. Nollog

Member Nollog GBAtemp Addict

Ireland
  6. MG4M3R
    OP

Member MG4M3R GBAtemp Regular

Brazil
    This is good info anyway.

I will try it later...