Hacking About DSi and 1.4i flashcarts disponibility

Helone-kun

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hello ladies, hello guys.

Well I bought my black DSi some time ago, with a R4i Upgrade Revolution for DS (NDSi/NDSL/NDS)
This one:
R4i-SDHC-Upgrade-Revolution-for-NDSi-NDSL-NDS.jpg

So, I was happy with It and used to play alot.. until the day I updated my DSi to 1.4U.
So, my card is useless trash.

So, I came here and I would like, please,

1. A "list" of all avaliable flashcards that work with the 1.4U, with no need of an upgrade (like, I buy and it's ready).
2. Which one (s) is (are) most recomended? Any comes with that firmware updater?
3. Where could I buy those? (probably a website, since I'm in Brazil, unless someone knows where to buy here)
4. Is this one on the pic compatible and safe/secure?
hugePhoto_0.jpg

So, I'd appreciate alot if someone could answer me, thanks in advance!

BoxShot

Chiyo-chan :3
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
1) Ez Flash Vi is possibly the only cart that comes on 1.4 that is not a R4 clone.
Carts like the M3i0 and SCDS1i have usb flashers so you don't need to worry if it isn't already 1.4 compatible.
The Acekard 2i come without the 1.4 bypass but some places can flash it for you. Such as gamebygame (costs $2) and apparently some people say realhotstuff preflashes them for you for free. So depends where you buy it.
There is also the iEDGE which I have no idea if it is even available but updates via turning on the ds and using its power to flash itself I believe.
2) Well do you want to worry about accidently updating your firmware? If yes M3i0 or SCDS1i. If no Ez Flash Vi or Acekard. They all have the ability to flash themselves in one way or another to bypass firmware updates.
3) Dealextreme.com works but slow. You can try 4coolday.com or 0shippingzone.com too. All are from China but they ship to everywhere anyways.
4) The one in a picture is an Ez Flash Vi and it is safe/secure.

hawkeyenick

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jceggbert5 said:
Me and a few friends have good luck with this:
DSTTi-ADV - DealExtreme - $9.89 USD (Free shipping! WorldWide!)

sku_24212_3.jpg

sku_24212_1.jpg

sku_24212_4.jpg

sku_24212_5.jpg

Yea, dealextreme.com keeps no inventory maintenance whatsoever. They are reliable, but can take months and are known for mixing orders up. I use them for a cheapo card or rare things (like the acekard rpg), but that's about it.

0shippingzone is your best bet out of China. They are fast and accurate. They even switched to china post instead of hong kong post for the christmas season because of the backlog the hong kong post is dealing with.

dusty1971

Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
How can you find out what firmware my DSI came with..... 1.4 ???. Bougth it last week and i'm looking for a flash cart but i want to make sure i get one that i can use.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I hate when there is a line at the gang bang