roflmao1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was thing about modding my PSP to play some Japanese games that i cant import
Firstly I would like to know how easy this process is,my PSP is a 2000 with the lastest firmware if that helps
And also I want to know the dangers of having my PSP bricked because I bought it almost solely for BBS in September

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
depending on which PSP-2000 you have, softmodding can be either an extremely easy process or (since you have the latest official firmware) it could limit you to only some homebrew via HBL.

you'll want to check out the stickies. they have all the info you should need.

roflmao1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I should be able to do the homebrewing,Im just mainly worried about the bricking,I didnt see any sticky on that

toejam316

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
roflmao1 said:
I should be able to do the homebrewing,Im just mainly worried about the bricking,I didnt see any sticky on that
You'll only brick if you try flash your PSP from dodgy media, or if the flashing is interrupted.
Even then, if you can actually install CFW to your PSP (as opposed to running CFW using an exploit) then you can always use a Pandora's Battery to unbrick.

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
roflmao1 said:

well, it would help to know which 2000 you have especially since you are on the "latest firmware". some can run CFW (which would be needed to play the import games you're trying to play) and can easily recover from a brick via pandora battery. some can only run temporary CFW via an exploit (which "latest firmware" eliminates the possibility of) leaving you with only HBL. HBL will not allow you to play your import ISOs. Also, the temp CFW 2000s cannot be easily recovered if you brick.

roflmao1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah,Ill probably just try it tomorrow,because I really want to play Tales of VS.
Can you play all PSP games after homebrewing it?
Ive never known much about it

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Homebrew is a term frequently applied to video games or other software produced by consumers to target proprietary hardware platforms not typically user-programmable or that use proprietary storage methods.

A softmod is a method of using software to modify the intended behavior of hardware, such as video cards, sound cards, or game consoles in a way that can overcome restrictions of the firmware, or install custom firmware.

Now that that's cleared up, if your PSP is capable of utilizing CFW, you will be able to play all games in iso format. However, newer games may have to be patched to be played unless you install Prometheus which has some problems with older games.

roflmao1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok thanks a lot,and lastly is there an faster way to tell what kind a 2000 I have than the sticky?

roflmao1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah,I dont have a Pandora or a MMS so i cant downgrade and I have OFW 6.30, so I cant use ChichHEN,so I cant homebrew correct?

roflmao1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I might be able to get one
But about the MMS,it says not over 4 GB,well I have a 1 GB and an 8 GB, is the 1 GB enough for all of this

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also gonna install twilight menu in my r4 flashcard
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    One thing that just occurred to me.... The sound on the 2600 sucked less back then the harsh sound we hear now is from infinitely better speakers we have now, back when the 2600 was new speakers produced a almost muffled sound, like CRTs made old graphics look slightly better.
    I wonder if I could recommend that to some emulation devs that perhaps the sound could use some smoothing out to simulate those old TVs
    I think a few of the early systems could benefit from that, at least up to the 8 bit generation, by the 16 bit generation I think TVs had gotten a lot better in almost every way
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i dont have an sd card adapter but I have an usb sd card adapter
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Old people games
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    its not the one that comes with the r4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    doesnt work (my flashcard is from r4isdhc.com)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    might install ysmenu first
    Try Wood firmware
    For your R4
    It's old but it's the best firmware out for DS stuff
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    it says it only works for the original R4, R4i Gold (r4ids.cn), R4iDSN (r4idsn.com) and Acekard R.P.G.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm it does support mine
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    but why choose it over ysmenu @Psionic Roshambo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc im stupid?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yea ik im stupid
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    Just give it a try, but honestly if you have a 3DS you can play DS games without a card just off the internal SD card
    Slightly slower loading but a bit more convenient
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, my fuckin headphones have an out of place speaker
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did you try wearing them?
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/eJV6GaIEgd4?si=ciLPnlhfd7XcrxQn