Gaming about a wii update

afnuke

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Got my wii last week back from nintendo and it had 4.0 firmware on it. Have played on it everyday, until last night, then it said it wanted to perform an update. Anyone know or had this happen. Of course I said no.......is this an error due to it being hardmodded or is there a new update. googled it a million times....havent seen anything above 4.0. ?????

afnuke

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no......I put a chip in it when I got it back.....it was a brand new wii with 4.0 on it. I installed a Xenowii version 2 that has worked on everything, except I have had problems time to time with the internet channel. When I click on it, the internet channel wont start about half the time, just goes to black screen. Then I have to reset, and try again. the last time I did it, after the reset I went to the system settings and went to connection. then I clicked on test the connection, and after it found it okay, it said would you like to perform a nintendo update. Ive never seen that happen before. of course I picked no and I havent tried to get on since. anyone else had this prob? My old wii never had any problem like that.....no hard mod on it though....it was just soft modded.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: "I'm cheating on you with your hamster's cousin's owner's dog's favorite tree" +1