about a wii update

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by afnuke, May 4, 2009.

May 4, 2009

about a wii update by afnuke at 7:16 PM (675 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. afnuke
    OP

Member afnuke GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Got my wii last week back from nintendo and it had 4.0 firmware on it. Have played on it everyday, until last night, then it said it wanted to perform an update. Anyone know or had this happen. Of course I said no.......is this an error due to it being hardmodded or is there a new update. googled it a million times....havent seen anything above 4.0. ?????

2. olliepop2000

Member olliepop2000 GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    What? Did you send it to nintendo hardmodded lol surely not. Was it a game that said it wanted you to update or was it the systemmenu?

3. tj_cool

Supervisor tj_cool Stuff

Belgium
    Many people have sent hardmodded wiis to nintendo without negative consequences

4. afnuke
    OP

Member afnuke GBAtemp Regular

United States
    no......I put a chip in it when I got it back.....it was a brand new wii with 4.0 on it. I installed a Xenowii version 2 that has worked on everything, except I have had problems time to time with the internet channel. When I click on it, the internet channel wont start about half the time, just goes to black screen. Then I have to reset, and try again. the last time I did it, after the reset I went to the system settings and went to connection. then I clicked on test the connection, and after it found it okay, it said would you like to perform a nintendo update. Ive never seen that happen before. of course I picked no and I havent tried to get on since. anyone else had this prob? My old wii never had any problem like that.....no hard mod on it though....it was just soft modded.