Abandonware for DSx86?

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by Coolperez8, Jun 14, 2013.

1. Coolperez8
    OP

Coolperez8 GBAtemp Regular

Mar 17, 2013
    United States
    Hi, I have an R4 SD-HC dual core, and I've been having fun lately with DSx86, I downloaded DOOM, DOOMII, & SimCity 2000. I tried to run them, but DOOM didn't seem to work, DOOMII installed but got stuck on loading a file, and SimCity2000 said I had 1024 K ram & needed atleast 2 or 4 Gigabytes (Or Gibibytes...) And I'm looking for good abandonware to have fun with, Do you know any sites with good abandonware games? Oh, and yesterday (June 12 2013) was my birthday.

2. Fishaman P

Fishaman P Speedrunner

Jan 2, 2010
    United States
    Wisconsin
    I highly doubt that. In 2000, 512MB of RAM was the norm.

Anyway, Google should have given you 5 fantastic results in the time it took to post this thread.
    If you're looking for specific recommendations, I used to have a lot of fun with Speedy Eggbert and Raptor: Call of the Shadows, though I don't know if DSx86 will like those.

3. VatoLoco

VatoLoco Don't crush that dwarf, hand me the pliers.

Jan 29, 2008
    United States
    Ya Cant Get There From Here
    well then, Hippy Barthday to you=)
    here's dsx86's compatibilty wiki for games that ppl have tested. it's a good place to start when looking for playable games.
    For Doom/ll, you should try out DSDoom.

just tested, and Raptor errors with 'protected mode available only with 386 or 486' when trying to run it on dsx86, but it does work on the DSTwo exclusive ds2x86.

4. relminator

relminator #AnyaBasic

May 28, 2010
    Just saying hi to my man Vato!

VatoLoco and Rydian like this.