Hacking A9LH Guide Update - Discussion

DavidKang

Trophies
XP
Country
Better have someone who actually have done it before I try it out. Region changed 3DSes doesn't boot until SecureInfo_A has been modified. Anyway, thanks for the reply.

Well, I can confirm that it works on Korean Consoles too. I A9LHed my friend's Korean 2DS. And as a Korean I saw many people succeeding on Korean Forums. As for the CTR thing, yup. Just choose one. It works.

annson24

The Patient One
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Well, I can confirm that it works on Korean Consoles too. I A9LHed my friend's Korean 2DS. And as a Korean I saw many people succeeding on Korean Forums. As for the CTR thing, yup. Just choose one. It works.
Great, with this I'll be assuming that there's no need to edit secureinfo on 2.1.0 ctrtransfers, right? Well then, time to hoard up some korean 3dses since it's at low price here. haha thanks

supreme123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Armenia
Please, someone can confirm if I really can use this guide in a Sysnand 4.2.0-9U without upgrading to 9.2 ? The only part of the guide that say something is that :
"This guide will work on New 3DS, Old 3DS, and 2DS in ALL regions on firmware 11.1.0 or below (except KOR / CHN / TWN New 3DS)."

Then it's okay to use the guide on a Sysnand 4.2.0-9U, right ?

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Please, someone can confirm if I really can use this guide in a Sysnand 4.2.0-9U without upgrading to 9.2 ? The only part of the guide that say something is that :
"This guide will work on New 3DS, Old 3DS, and 2DS in ALL regions on firmware 11.1.0 or below (except KOR / CHN / TWN New 3DS)."

Then it's okay to use the guide on a Sysnand 4.2.0-9U, right ?
yes, just start at Decrypt9 (Browser) (found if you go to Part 1 - Decrypt9)

Reactions: supreme123

supreme123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Armenia
Help !

"AUTO CTRNAND TRANSFER: SUCCEEDED!"

But, when I press SELECT dont appear that screen saying that i can remove the sdcard.

Can I remove the SDCARD anyway to delete the 2.1.0 ctrtransfer image .bin and .bin.sha from the /files9/ ?

Looks like it is frozen, the can I remove the SD card and restart the system pressing the power ?

Last edited by supreme123,

supreme123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Armenia
[edit]: Bah, forget the question ! Dont make any sense to MOVE EMUNAND and after that the step 4 of RESTORING THE SYSTEM in a row.

Another question:

In part 3 of the guide, after steps 2 and 3 done, if I want to use my EMUNAND I need to:

1 - IGNORE STEP 4 and use the MOVE REDNAND/EMUNAND guide and after that go to step 5 ? Or
2 - use the MOVE REDNAND/EMUNAND guide first and after that use the step IV guide RESTORING THE SYSTEM ?

I believe that the option 1 makes more sense, because the MOVE EMUNAND guide says to go to the step 5 FBI inject after that, but if someone can say the correct order I will thank !

YourHero

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
[edit]: Bah, forget the question ! Dont make any sense to MOVE EMUNAND and after that the step 4 of RESTORING THE SYSTEM.

Another question:

In part 3 of the guide, after steps 2 and 3 done, if I want to use my EMUNAND I need to:

1 - IGNORE STEP 4 and use the MOVE REDNAND/EMUNAND guide and after that go to step 5 ? Or
2 - use the MOVE REDNAND/EMUNAND guide first and after that use the step IV guide RESTORING THE SYSTEM ?

I believe that the option 1 makes more sense, because the MOVE EMUNAND guide says to go to the step 5 FBI inject after that, but if someone can say the correct order I will thank !
basically you will use hourglass9 to backup your emunand, and then you will use it again to "Flash system nand (Keep A9LH)" and you will choose the emunand backup. After that you can delete the emunand partition from the SD card. If you had something like Dev menu installed to the emunand the FBI setup doesn't matter.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
OP
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
[edit]: Bah, forget the question ! Dont make any sense to MOVE EMUNAND and after that the step 4 of RESTORING THE SYSTEM.

Another question:

Follow "Move RedNAND" instead of steps 1-8 of Section IV

supreme123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Armenia
Help !

Made the Move EMUNAND step, everything goes fine and my Emunand of 9.0.0-20U with FBI was injected with the "SysNAND Restore (keep a9lh)" but after rebooting when I try to open FBI or a game the system says that:
"SDCARD was removed press menu to return to home".

What I need to do ?

Plus, after that I tried to INJECT FBI in the HEALTH & SAFETY but occur a error saying that:
"APP0 not found or fragmented!"
"Health & Safety dump: failed"

To the last but not least, I opened the systen settings to see what is the version of the Firmware and appears SYS 4.2.0-9U but the emunand of my system was 9.0.0-20 U !? This is right or wrong ?

Thinking about that, how I can see if the Emunand is properly inject in the Sysnand ?

Well at least, the 3DS is booting right!

supreme123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Armenia
As long as you are in Luma your A9LH is safe. Also remember to always use (Keep A9LH) in hourglass9 when flashing your emunand to sysnand.
Thanks!

But how I can know if my 3ds is using LUMA ? I can access Luma menu with the press SELECT before boot, then LUMA is working ?

Well, I can say tha my 3ds dont boot without the SDCARD now, then everything is alright ?

YourHero

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks!

But how I can know if my 3ds is using LUMA ?

Well, I can say tha my 3ds dont boot without the SDCARD now, then everything is aright ? I can access Luma menu with the press SELECT before boot, too.
Then you are on Luma. If you followed the guide, it should say SYS in your version string in settings when on Luma rather than VER.

supreme123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Armenia
Then you are on Luma. If you followed the guide, it should say SYS in your version string in settings when on Luma rather than VER.

In SYSTEM SETTING ?

In my system setting appear SYS 4.2.0-9U, but I need to ask why appear my old sys number instead the Emunand injeted number ?

Ask that, because I used the Move Emunand guide, but in the Section IV step 7 says that LUMA need a firmware file if the SYS is from 4.0-.4.5 (my case), but the Move Emunand guide says nothing about that and my Emunand was 9.0.

Any idea about that ?

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Help !
What I need to do ?

To the last but not least, I opened the systen settings to see what is the version of the Firmware and appears SYS 4.2.0-9U but the emunand of my system was 9.0.0-20 U !? This is right or wrong ?

Thinking about that, how I can see if the Emunand is properly inject in the Sysnand ?

Well at least, the 3DS is booting right!

If your icons are on the home menu, your emunand was restored. However, if you followed the guide, you would've noticed it said to update your sysnand to the latest, at the end. That is sort of the point of A9LH: using the latest system software. Once you update your system, make sure to delete any firmware.bin files on your SD card.

supreme123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Armenia
If your icons are on the home menu, your emunand was restored. However, if you followed the guide, you would've noticed it said to update your sysnand to the latest, at the end. That is sort of the point of A9LH: using the latest system software. Once you update your system, make sure to delete any firmware.bin files on your SD card.

Thanks, everything looks right then.

Luma appears to work fine (appear SYS before firmware number in settings), can access LUMA with SELECT, the 3ds only boot with the SD inside (like the guide says), then everything looks right I think.

But, because my original Sys nand firmware was 4.2.0-9U then I dont need to do the step 7 from section IV ("If you started Part 1 with a firmware between 4.0.0 and 4.5.0, make sure you have copied the following firmware.bin file to /luma/") before update or I dont need that because my Emunand was 9.0 ?

Reactions: OrGoN3

supreme123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Armenia
Help !

Tryed to update, but appear:
"An Error Has Occurred. Unable to Update"

What is wrong ? Maybe router firewall or DNS problem?

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Help !

Tryed to update, but appear:
"An Error Has Occurred. Unable to Update"

What is wrong ? Maybe router firewall or DNS problem?

Could be router. Could be DNS. Could be any of those things. Make sure you don't have custom DNS settings on your 3DS and on your router. After you update, make sure to delete the firmware.bin from the /luma/ folder.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: @yeager1239 read thru here and if not answered, create a thread and ask...