Dead and alive
OP
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
So I'm kind of deciding to switch to A9LH + Luma. I already have emunand running from my GW on 9.2. But I don't understand where to start on this guide. My issue is I really don't want this to mess up because my 3DS is a modded capture card unit and I cannot spend 600 dollars on another one. If the unit wasn't so valuable I'd probably have done this sooner. But I don't like risks. So where do I start here? The last guide seemed easier to follow but now we got this.
Start from Part 1. At the end of the guide you can flash your emuNAND to sysNAND. It tells you when to do this.

YourHero

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Start from Part 1. At the end of the guide you can flash your emuNAND to sysNAND. It tells you when to do this.
Thats wonderful but what do I download form part 1? There are a crap ton of these. I'm assuming the 9.0/9.2 image since thats what my sysnand is?

Oh I see, I just need decrypt9 in my HBL apps and I can continue to step 2. Neat.

Last edited by YourHero,

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
OP
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Thats wonderful but what do I download form part 1? There are a crap ton of these. I'm assuming the 9.0/9.2 image since thats what my sysnand is?

Oh I see, I just need decrypt9 in my HBL apps and I can continue to step 2. Neat.
Yep part 1 is just for you to identify how to get into Decrypt9, since it differs depending on your version.

YourHero

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The other thing is, I've seen a lot of things about using GW with A9LH along side luma. Do I have to change my CFW to use the GW or can GW be booted within Luma? I'm doing this for ease so chances are if I have to switch to use my GW It's going to get put away. I love having dual SD cards but it's a pain to stream 3DS games with a GW. Not exactly something you broadcast ya know?

annson24

The Patient One
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
So the guide was updated and as I've noticed. on Part 2 it says "if your device is not from one of these regions, just pick one" on the part where we'll have to download a ctrtransfer image file. Since korean 3DSes is also included in the 9.2 downgrade part. Does that mean we can also install a9lh to korean 3DSes?

YourHero

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So the guide was updated and as I've noticed. on Part 2 it says "if your device is not from one of these regions, just pick one" on the part where we'll have to download a ctrtransfer image file. Since korean 3DSes is also included in the 9.2 downgrade part. Does that mean we can also install a9lh to korean 3DSes?
I'd assume so. As long as you can get an entry point into it for decrypt9 right?

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
OP
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
The other thing is, I've seen a lot of things about using GW with A9LH along side luma. Do I have to change my CFW to use the GW or can GW be booted within Luma? I'm doing this for ease so chances are if I have to switch to use my GW It's going to get put away. I love having dual SD cards but it's a pain to stream 3DS games with a GW. Not exactly something you broadcast ya know?
Just follow https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-using-luma3ds-with-gateway-on-v2-a9lh.431691/ when finished installing a9lh :-)

YourHero

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I have A9LH and im still on 2.1.0. I wanna transfer my emunand on with the guide but the backup program is saying my sd card has no emunand for some reason! What do?

YourHero

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am! I just booted into emunand via Luma. All my stuff is here. I backed it up with hourglass9. Is there a way to inject this 11.1 emunand into my sysnand still?

To be clear, it was a gateway emunand, and I was bakcing it up with the windows tool. It says no SD detected for some reason. Maybe windows 10 Aniv update killed it? I backed it up with HG9, now I need to know if its safe to inject it and how to go about it.

Last edited by YourHero,

annson24

The Patient One
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
I'd assume so. As long as you can get an entry point into it for decrypt9 right?

But using any of the three 2.1.0 ctrtransfer image file to the korean 3DS, that would region change the 3DS and wouldn't that boot without first editing the Secureinfo_A?

YourHero

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I see what you mean. I honestly cannot tell you but I hope someone can. But the guide does say pick one, so maybe it doesn't matter? You can after all region change your 3DS at will now.

Reactions: annson24

annson24

The Patient One
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
I see what you mean. I honestly cannot tell you but I hope someone can. But the guide does say pick one, so maybe it doesn't matter? You can after all region change your 3DS at will now.
Better have someone who actually have done it before I try it out. Region changed 3DSes doesn't boot until SecureInfo_A has been modified. Anyway, thanks for the reply.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
OP
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
I am! I just booted into emunand via Luma. All my stuff is here. I backed it up with hourglass9. Is there a way to inject this 11.1 emunand into my sysnand still?

To be clear, it was a gateway emunand, and I was bakcing it up with the windows tool. It says no SD detected for some reason. Maybe windows 10 Aniv update killed it? I backed it up with HG9, now I need to know if its safe to inject it and how to go about it.
Did you back it up with windows or Hourglass9?

Ghassen-ga

Trophies
XP
Country
So I'm kind of deciding to switch to A9LH + Luma. I already have emunand running from my GW on 9.2. But I don't understand where to start on this guide. My issue is I really don't want this to mess up because my 3DS is a modded capture card unit and I cannot spend 600 dollars on another one. If the unit wasn't so valuable I'd probably have done this sooner. But I don't like risks. So where do I start here? The last guide seemed easier to follow but now we got this.
You basically need a way to access decrypt9wip on your sysnand then start the CTRtransfer , i'm not familiar with GW tbh , but if you can access homebrew launcher start from here , https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-2-(2.1.0-ctrtransfer)

Edit: nvm , the replies weren't refreshing :O i see Quantumcat did the job

Last edited by Ghassen-ga,

YourHero

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you back it up with windows or Hourglass9?
it wouldn't work with the windows app even though it was a GW emunand. It did work with HG9. It even said this SD card has a GW emunand. No idea why the windows app stopped functioning, maybe it has something to do with w10 aniversary update. But either way I got it and im happy. I'm glad A9LH got easier to install.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
OP
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
it wouldn't work with the windows app even though it was a GW emunand. It did work with HG9. It even said this SD card has a GW emunand. No idea why the windows app stopped functioning, maybe it has something to do with w10 aniversary update. But either way I got it and im happy. I'm glad A9LH got easier to install.
So you are able to flash your emuNAND to your sysNAND?

koffieleut

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
So I have a little question about updating to a9lh, I modded a virgin o3ds with this guide, and it worked great. Now I want to update my own 3ds's that use menuhax. Both of the 3ds's still have linked nands, can this give a problem when going to a9lh?
Otherwise I will download tinyformat to format my sysnand.
Cheers

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
OP
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
So I have a little question about updating to a9lh, I modded a virgin o3ds with this guide, and it worked great. Now I want to update my own 3ds's that use menuhax. Both of the 3ds's still have linked nands, can this give a problem when going to a9lh?
Otherwise I will download tinyformat to format my sysnand.
Cheers
Linked NANDs no problem. You do everything in sysNAND then later flash your emuNAND onto your sysNAND.

Reactions: koffieleut

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WUOq1dlZWxI?si=LBlEJwZfwtWShljP lol Denmark can't handle the spice