Dead and alive
OP
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Okay, now I gotta figure out how to get Homebrew Launcher while in 2.1 lol. Is there a browser exploit for it?
You have to update back to 9.2 first. If you're on an old 3DS, you can use a cart to update to 4.x then use Freeway browser to update to a full 9.2. For a new 3DS, I'm not sure. If you have a 9.2 backup I think you can use OTPhelper to flash it back (if you have a backup you can do this with o3ds also of course)

Nevermore

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh fuck, I'm an idiot.

Wow, I put arm9.bin and arm11.bin in the a9lh folder instead of the root.

Ugh, I'm too tired.

---

EDIT: Okay so things are set up, going to do the FBI H&S app inject, something I'm used to. I've done regular emuNAND on 3 other 3DSes, but this is my first time doing A9LH on a 3DS. Doing it so my friend can transfer his O3DS to it haha. Aren't I such a nice fellow?

Last edited by Nevermore,

Nevermore

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm. Maybe I should wait transferring first then installing stuff. Installing the FBI and other CIAs then having data transfer to it would wipe everything, right?

But I guess I could prep the injected app file.

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bought the "New Galaxy Style New Nintendo 3DS XL" (the name rolls right off the tongue -_-) which comes standard with 11.0. It was no big deal, as it was going to replace my o3ds, which already has A9LH and fieldrunners set up.
I system transferred... and fieldrunners didn't show up. I followed the guide and downloaded fieldrunners on the n3ds, then restored a backup of my o3ds, transferred fieldrunners to SD, then put that on the n3ds SD card. And... nothing. I was basically having a panic attack for 10 minutes until I realized I was using the wrong NAND dump (I had two very similar dumps that basically only had fieldrunners installed).
So I transferred to SD, put in n3ds, and finally got it to transfer from SD to the system. Followed the guide exactly and downgraded FIRM to 10.4. From there I used Freakyhax to run sysDowngrader. Halfway through, error occured and got a partial downgrade. So I ran it again, and the second time it completed fully.
From there it was smooth sailing. Decrypt9 ran first time (every arm11/arm9 exploit I ran from Freakyhax always fully booted, so It's currently my favorite entry point for downgrading), 2.1 ctrnand transfer completed fully, then safeA9LHinstaller did it's thing and boom. A9LH n3ds.
I would like to think I'm the first to A9LH the New Galaxy Style n3ds, but I'm probably not.
And now I get to set up my o3ds A9LH system to sell to a friend for $150, making the upgrade to a n3ds only cost about $50.

Reactions: Quantumcat

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
OP
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
I bought the "New Galaxy Style New Nintendo 3DS XL" (the name rolls right off the tongue -_-) which comes standard with 11.0. It was no big deal, as it was going to replace my o3ds, which already has A9LH and fieldrunners set up.
I system transferred... and fieldrunners didn't show up. I followed the guide and downloaded fieldrunners on the n3ds, then restored a backup of my o3ds, transferred fieldrunners to SD, then put that on the n3ds SD card. And... nothing. I was basically having a panic attack for 10 minutes until I realized I was using the wrong NAND dump (I had two very similar dumps that basically only had fieldrunners installed).
So I transferred to SD, put in n3ds, and finally got it to transfer from SD to the system. Followed the guide exactly and downgraded FIRM to 10.4. From there I used Freakyhax to run sysDowngrader. Halfway through, error occured and got a partial downgrade. So I ran it again, and the second time it completed fully.
From there it was smooth sailing. Decrypt9 ran first time (every arm11/arm9 exploit I ran from Freakyhax always fully booted, so It's currently my favorite entry point for downgrading), 2.1 ctrnand transfer completed fully, then safeA9LHinstaller did it's thing and boom. A9LH n3ds.
I would like to think I'm the first to A9LH the New Galaxy Style n3ds, but I'm probably not.
And now I get to set up my o3ds A9LH system to sell to a friend for $150, making the upgrade to a n3ds only cost about $50.
At this stage, sadly, it is unclear whether the interstellar console will be available in Australia
OH MY GOD I WANT THAT CONSOLE!!! F&@!? this ugly MM one which wasn't purple as I had hoped, f$@&! the purple o3DS which didn't come here, f*%#! the ugly N3DSXL colours getting released here, if Nintendo don't release it here I am going to be so mad. Finally a pretty console in nearly the right colour. (I love purple and any special possessions that are possible to have in purple, I have).
Oh and F%€! Nintendo for releasing it a few weeks after I come back from a round the world trip including New York, where I deliberately visited a Game Stop shop (at Rockefeller centre) to see what it was like and compare to EB and see if there were any interesting limited editions for sale not available at home. I won't be able to afford another trip like that for at least five or six years. Not. Happy. Jan.!!!

Last edited by Quantumcat,

Ghassen-ga

Trophies
XP
Country
An old 3ds for 150 $ ? really greedy.

Ghassen-ga

Trophies
XP
Country
Consoles with A9LH go online for about $100 more than they are worth just because of A9LH. And $150 doesn't look that bad to people when they have the ability to play... "backups".
You shouldn't charge for A9hl ,you shouldn't charge for other people's work , that's at least how you contribute to the scene.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
OP
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Consoles with A9LH go online for about $100 more than they are worth just because of A9LH. And $150 doesn't look that bad to people when they have the ability to play... "backups".
Yes I have sold a few for about that much :-) ($AUD200) although now with the guide being so easy I will probably have fewer buyers for the ones I did earlier with the old method (easy enough for most laymen to do themselves)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

You shouldn't charge for A9hl ,you shouldn't charge for other people's work , that's at least how you contribute to the scene.
That's not how it works - if you work for a few hours you deserve to be paid for that time. Otherwise people who would rather pay than spend the time don't get the option to do so if that's what they want.
When an electrician comes to your house to fix your lights, they don't do it for free because Franklin discovered electricity or Edison invented the light bulb.
I am sure by now everybody who installs a9lh as a service has made some sort of contribution to the devs involved with the tools and/or to Plailect for his guide.

Last edited by Quantumcat,

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not charging for the software itself. I'm charging for the hardware and then the cost of labor.
It's like how computer manufacturers charge more for hardware that you can build yourself for cheaper. They up the price because it took time and effort to put that system together.
And the price is also including me not only giving them the hacked console, but also teaching them how to use the software on it, which also takes time and effort.

That's like saying an IT person shouldn't charge customers to fix their computer because they didn't create the tools that are used to remove the malware

Reactions: Quantumcat

Ghassen-ga

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm not charging for the software itself. I'm charging for the hardware and then the cost of labor.
It's like how computer manufacturers charge more for hardware that you can build yourself for cheaper. They up the price because it took time and effort to put that system together.
And the price is also including me not only giving them the hacked console, but also teaching them how to use the software on it, which also takes time and effort.

That's like saying an IT person shouldn't charge customers to fix their computer because they didn't create the tools that are used to remove the malware

I'm sorry , I just don't find it fair raising the price because you have it hacked because of someone else's hard work.

Sumea

Disco Ninja Frog
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
damn, this is so streamlined now. maybe i'll uninstall a9lh and reinstall again using this new method just for the heck of it.
Do what I do: Find and offer up to mod your friend's systems and do full A9LH installations etc on them.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
OP
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
I'm sorry , I just don't find it fair raising the price because you have it hacked because of someone else's hard work.
Think about that next time you sit down at your desk at work. Should you work for free because you didn't invent the computer or the software you're using?

Reactions: TheCyberQuake

3DSDude_

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I don't know if anybody already asked this but: at the end of part 2 of the new Plailect guide it states "Putting a New 3DS on 2.1.0 in sleep mode is known to cause an UNRECOVERABLE brick!". Does this mean it is unrecoverable even with hardmod?! And if so, does anyone know the why?

cravas

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
As it's written "UNRECOVERABLE..." means unrecoverable.

If it was recoverable with Hardmod, it would be written there.

supreme123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Armenia
Yeah, since the guide now relies on the CTRNand Transfer feature of Decrypt9, you just need arm9 code execution, which can be done on most lower firmwares than 9.2

Just want to confirm if this information is true.

In my case, my old3ds have a Sysnand 4.2.0-9U then I can simple use the steps 1-3 of the guide in this topic without the need to upgrade Sysnand to 9.2, this is correct ?

But, Luma work with a Sysnand 4.2 ?

Actually, my Emunand is 9.0 then I can use this guide and put the Emunand in the place of the Sysnand, right ?

YourHero

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I'm kind of deciding to switch to A9LH + Luma. I already have emunand running from my GW on 9.2. But I don't understand where to start on this guide. My issue is I really don't want this to mess up because my 3DS is a modded capture card unit and I cannot spend 600 dollars on another one. If the unit wasn't so valuable I'd probably have done this sooner. But I don't like risks. So where do I start here? The last guide seemed easier to follow but now we got this.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: amazon seems decent enough