Hacking A9LH Guide Update - Discussion

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is the non OTP guide also present in plaiclets guide now?

Yes. The guide has been updated for OTP-less installs, but only for the N3DS. It is not possible to OTP-less install on O3DS. With N3DS, once you are on 9.2, the guide tells you to go to the last page and just install A9LH with the newer version of SafeA9LHInstaller.

Madein

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Greetings, I have followed the plailect guide ''from stock to arm9lh'' https://plailect.github.io/Guide/installing-arm9loaderhax and it all went great until now. I followed it step by step I believe. 1 thing does not seem to work as intended. When I enter the luma 3ds updater, it says to that there is a new hourly build of luma 3ds update available, when I press install this screen shows up. Any ideas if I am doing something wrong? Thank you!
20161110_200706.jpg
20161110_200453.jpg

Last edited by Madein,

Flying Scotsman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Greetings, I have followed the plailect guide ''from stock to arm9lh'' https://plailect.github.io/Guide/installing-arm9loaderhax and it all went great until now. I followed it step by step I believe. 1 thing does not seem to work as intended. When I enter the luma 3ds updater, it says to that there is a new hourly build of luma 3ds update available, when I press install this screen shows up. Any ideas if I am doing something wrong? Thank you!
20161110_200706.jpg
20161110_200453.jpg

Are you connected to the internet? The "404" error code, if it's related to actual internet-related ones and not internal ones, it seems your 3DS lost connection to your wifi connection - hence the failed update install.

You could also try and visit the URL it spits out via a PC to see if the link is valid, and if it is - you can always just put the arm9loaderhax.bin file on the root of your SD card (backup the one already on there) as that's all Luma Updater does.

Reactions: Quantumcat

Vullurian

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I was doing the "Select “DSP Dump”" part but im getting the "Failed to download the actual payload" error. (Im connected to internet and tried it a lot of times..) Any suggestions?

leon315

POWERLIFTER
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
hi guys, i've a problem: after restoring Sysnand.bin I get the message when I try to boot O3dsxl:

An error has occurred:

Failed to get the CTRNAND FIRM.

Press any button to shutdown

Joshwraith

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Why do we need to save the tickets before ctrnand transfer, we do a backup of the current Sysnand in the process, so I wonder why that step is needed?

Restore the Sysnand is not enough to recover everything we had before (digital games)?

Last edited by Joshwraith,

Joshwraith

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Oh but I already restore the nand backup all my game appear on the home menu but from FBI on tickets section some are show in red letter so I do not know if I have to do it even if I restore the nand backup.!

Foxen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
OP
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia

BL4Z3D247

GBAtemp Stoner
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jep both files are in the same directory, i have to say that I come from a 3DS transfer with that console so maybe thats the reason why, but i dont know how to fix that
Maybe a bad download? Try redownloading the CTRTransfer 2.1.0 file again and make sure you're putting the contents in the files9 folder. If that doesn't work, try formatting your SD card and if that doesn't work try a different SD card.

Foxen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Maybe a bad download? Try redownloading the CTRTransfer 2.1.0 file again and make sure you're putting the contents in the files9 folder. If that doesn't work, try formatting your SD card and if that doesn't work try a different SD card.

already tried to redownload and reformat ... doesn´t worked

Foxen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The

Foxen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I know now what the problem is, maybe some expert can help ?

I tried to Downgrade a new 3ds xl via dsi downgrade method. HERE: https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/b...b3d2bf93de6c12db9/_pages/DSiWare-Downgrade.md

Section VII - Backing up the target 3DS's NFIRM
  1. Copy boot.nds to the root of the target 3DS's SD card
  2. Create a folder named dgTool on the root of the target 3DS's SD card if it does not already exist
  3. Copy the contents of the NFIRM zip to the dgTool folder on the root of the target 3DS's SD card
  4. Launch your DSiWare game on the target 3DS
  5. Launch dgTool using your DSiWare game
    • Fieldrunners: Touch the 'Scores' button at the main menu
    • Legends of Exidia: After pressing (A) or (Start) at the two title screens, select the first save slot and press continue
    • Guitar Rock Tour: Scroll down and go to High-Scores -> Drums -> Easy
    • The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords: Just start the game
    • If your game does not have the hacked save file installed, follow this troubleshooting guide
  6. Select "Dump f0f1" to backup the target 3DS's NFIRM
  7. Make note of the NFIRM backup's location
  8. Exit dgTool
    • You may have to force power off by holding the power button
  9. Put your SD card in your computer, then copy F0F1_N3DS.bin or F0F1_O3DS.bin (depending on your device) to a safe location; make backups in multiple locations; this backup will save you from a brick if anything goes wrong

1. Launch your DSiWare game on the target 3DS
  2. Launch dgTool using your DSiWare game
    • Fieldrunners: Touch the 'Scores' button at the main menu
    • Legends of Exidia: After pressing (A) or (Start) at the two title screens, select the first save slot and press continue
    • Guitar Rock Tour: Scroll down and go to High-Scores -> Drums -> Easy
    • The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords: Just start the game
  3. Select "Downgrade FIRM to 10.4" and confirm to flash the 10.4.0 NFIRM bin to the target 3DS
  4. Exit dgTool
    • You may have to force power off by holding the power button
  5. Reboot
I then dumped the nfirm and modified it and flashed back, the downgrading process has not worked for me so I aborted it cause 3disdent wont show me the right firm version ....

after this I tried the normal downgrading guide:

https://3ds.guide/de_DE/2.1.0-ctrtransfer.html

Now I get the error that my firm section 1 has a hash mismatch.
I dont have the original firm file of point number 9.

Is there any possibility to downgrade without a brick ? without original firm0 file ?

here is the hash mismatch error of AUTO CTR Transfer:
IMG_20170204_121350.jpg

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, can't you just wait to summer vacation for me to do it?