Hacking A small thread on how to tell if you got an incomplete downgrade

Sephirosu

Trophies
XP
Country
@SomeGamer @ihaveamac Hello there. I require your aid! A few hours ago I was following THIS GUIDE to downgrade my 10.7 N3DS to 9.2. Everything went ok until I did the actual downgrade. First try BAM got the nintendo Error occurred please turn off and pray that your N3DS isn't dead. Surprisingly it didn't die! But after reading the guide's small print it seems that now I have a ticking timebomb on my hands because my console it's either on a frankenfirmware or SOFTBRICKED:

"All variations of sysUpdater, not just sysDowngrader, have a very small chance of causing a “soft brick” once the downgrade is complete and the device reboots. This will cause the system to boot directly to the Nintendo error screen instructing users to power off the device. Once this error happens, it can only be fixed by using recovery mode (boot holding A + R + L + Up on the D-Pad) to update to the latest system version."

My 3DS is working fine so far. It shows 9.2.0-20E and I can use browerhax to launch homebrew (the Wifi signal indicator on the homebrew launcher is gone thou) so i tried sysdowngrade just incase I was missing any files and nada..... I added the downgrade checker files I got when I ran the program (plus pictures!)

If I upgraded from a game cartridge would it fix whatever problem I may have in my hands? I really would rather not update to 11.2......

Attachments

• IMG_20161128_211846.jpg
    IMG_20161128_211846.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 165
  • IMG_20161128_211856.jpg
    IMG_20161128_211856.jpg
    749.6 KB · Views: 133
  • IMG_20161128_211903.jpg
    IMG_20161128_211903.jpg
    947.7 KB · Views: 137
  • CHECK.zip
    2.1 KB · Views: 87
Last edited by Sephirosu,

SomeGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
@SomeGamer @ihaveamac Hello there. I require your aid! A few hours ago I was following THIS GUIDE to downgrade my 10.7 N3DS to 9.2. Everything went ok until I did the actual downgrade. First try BAM got the nintendo Error occurred please turn off and pray that your N3DS isn't dead. Surprisingly it didn't die! But after reading the guide's small print it seems that now I have a ticking timebomb on my hands because my console it's either on a frankenfirmware or SOFTBRICKED:

"All variations of sysUpdater, not just sysDowngrader, have a very small chance of causing a “soft brick” once the downgrade is complete and the device reboots. This will cause the system to boot directly to the Nintendo error screen instructing users to power off the device. Once this error happens, it can only be fixed by using recovery mode (boot holding A + R + L + Up on the D-Pad) to update to the latest system version."

My 3DS is working fine so far. It shows 9.2.0-20E and I can use browerhax to launch homebrew (the Wifi signal indicator on the homebrew launcher is gone thou) so i tried sysdowngrade just incase I was missing any files and nada..... I added the downgrade checker files I got when I ran the program (plus pictures!)

If I upgraded from a game cartridge would it fix whatever problem I may have in my hands? I really would rather not update to 11.2......
That's a nice downgrade we have there. Your 3DS should be fine as-is now, but if you want to be extra sure, begin by deleting that extra title with FBI then downloading the O3DS 9.2 DGpack.

Sephirosu

Trophies
XP
Country
That's a nice downgrade we have there. Your 3DS should be fine as-is now, but if you want to be extra sure, begin by deleting that extra title with FBI then downloading the O3DS 9.2 DGpack.

Ok nice nice. So i should disregard that Nintendo error I got the first time and not be afraid of the soft brick the guide talks about? what about the mismatched titles?

Also why the O3DS 9.2 downgrade pack and not the N3ds?

Ty for your help btw =D

Altairseven

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina

its very normal to have a partial downgrade, what is often known as frankerfirmware, if system version says 9.2 and you can access homebrew using a 9.2 entrypoint, but you cant lauch decrypt9 and other arm9 stuff, just, run sysdowngrader again, it will install the remaining cias that were not installed because the downgrade failed, after that you will truly be in 9.2.

another way to check if you are in frankenfirmware, its to use 3dsident, in there the kernel version should say 2.46-0, if its different from that, it means that the native firmware was not downgraded.

Edit: didnt really read your whole post, so, i did not know that you already ran sysdowngrader again.. :) , anyway you should be fine, carry on with the guide

Last edited by Altairseven,

SomeGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
run sysdowngrader again, it will install the remaining cias that were not installed because the downgrade failed, after that you will truly be in 9.2.
That's where you're wrong. There are some titles which were never upgraded in 9.0 N3DS, therefore not being in those DGpacks.

Last edited by SomeGamer,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @AncientBoi, https://youtu.be/N8pbnjvypQ0?feature=shared&t=958