A small hack request for Picross DS

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by Ashley Riot, Jul 5, 2011.

1. Ashley Riot
    OP

Ashley Riot Member

Newcomer
    Nov 17, 2010
    United States
    Hello, everyone!

I'll try to be brief: I haven't been using my DS much lately, but every now and then when I do have the time for it, I like to play my biggest addiction: Picross DS. The thing is that my D-Pad isn't what it used to be, and the "Down" direction is pretty messy. In Picross, for the optimal control configuration, you gotta use a lot of the Up button (for filling blanks) and the Down button (for marking X's).

I wonder if anyone could make a patch or even a simple cheat code that could swap the game's Down button with the Left button. Doesn't have to be really specific towards the game modes or anything, since I can perfectly navigate the menu using the stylus. All I really ask for is those two buttons swapped. I'm using Wood R4.
    Another possibility would be to simply change the Left button function towards marking the in-game's Xs. (I don't know which would be easier to code)

I know it's a bit of a pain to just come out and ask this, but I have no hacking knowledge whatsoever nor do I have the avaliable time for learning it throughoutly, between college and work. Still, small play sessions help me by during some long-ass bus waits. If anyone could help me with this, I would be really thankful.

2. Ashley Riot
    OP

Ashley Riot Member

Newcomer
    Nov 17, 2010
    United States
    So... no one? =(

3. Auryn

Auryn GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 21, 2011
    Swaziland
    Take your DS to repair...easier, faster and better.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice