A sickness or a hobby?

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by tolana, Aug 18, 2010.

1. tolana
    OP

tolana Member

Newcomer
    Aug 5, 2010
    Hello!

I have this thing... that well im not proud of it. but i need to buy more than 1 flashcard.

why? i just don't feel satisfied with just one. i have to buy plenty! as of fact i own 4 already and planning to buy more..

for me it's just hobby, but my friends and mostly my parents thing I'm sick.

so Temp? Is it a sickness or a hobby? am i the only one?

2. Scott-105

Scott-105 Bow to me. Please?

Aug 23, 2009
    Canada
    Ontario, Canada
    I own 3. I kinda want to buy another one though, ha ha. So I guess it's a hobby.

3. Overlord Nadrian

Overlord Nadrian Banned

Banned
    Jul 28, 2008
    Belgium
    Riviera
    4 flashcarts is really nothing. I'd just see it as a hobby and as a side effect of being an enthusiastic pirate.

I think Urza's the one here that owns most flashcarts, although I'm not sure.

I own 6 myself.

4. tolana
    OP

tolana Member

Newcomer
    Aug 5, 2010
    Thanks god! it's not a sickness.

haha scott, i have that feeling everyday! "Just one more!"

Ellie, i am a enthusiastic pirate! and it must have something to do with that! i guess you right.

5. _Chaz_

_Chaz_ GBAtemp's Official Mook™

Sep 12, 2009
    United States
    I only own 2, and don't plan on getting anymore DS flashcarts (3DS possible).

Sounds like a hobby. Collect them and you may be able to sell them in a few decades. An R4 might even be worth a few cents then.

6. Rayder

Rayder Mostly lurking lately....

Former Staff
    Jan 14, 2007
    United States
    USA
    I have 4 flashcarts myself; 2 slot1 and 2 slot2.

I guess whether it could be considered a sickness or a hobby all comes down to point of view. A person who does not play video games would likely think it's some sort of obseestion to have multiple flashcarts, whereas a gamer knows it's just par for the course.

Me? Flashcarts are just a means to an end.....you know, free games and stuff. I guess you would call that a "hobby". I collect ALL the numbered release DS games, even though somewhere around 80% of them are games I consider total crap. Is that still "hobby" or is it obsession or sickness? I don't know.

7. Overlord Nadrian

Overlord Nadrian Banned

Banned
    Jul 28, 2008
    Belgium
    Riviera
    @Rayder: I suppose you could call it an obsession for completeness, though there isn't really anything that 'obsessive' about it.

I do it, too. Just for the sake of completion.

8. Mantis41

Mantis41 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Jun 3, 2009
    United States
    earth
    It's when you start bragging about owning a rare one you have to start to worry.

I have one of these: [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Its not mint though [​IMG]

Ok.... Maybe I've got issues

9. Slyakin

Slyakin See ya suckers

Oct 15, 2008
    United States
    Soviet Slyakin
    Eh, I think it's normal.

I have 3 slot ones, an original R4, a Cyclo DS, and an AceKard 2i.

Probably gonna get a 3DS one if they get one.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice