Hacking a question with pokemon plat.

Red11

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey guys i want to buy pkmn plat. but right now money is tight and i'll buy plat in about a month...
ao i "got" plat. with my AK2 and im wondering if there ANY way for transfering my save data from my AK2 plat. to my real plat.

is it possible? thanks

(i tried searching but i couldn't find a good answer)

dart06

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mrfatso said:
u are talking about save from a rom to cartidge... i don't think that is possible.
As far as I know, it isn't possible, and if it were possible, you would have to have some sweet equipment to do it. I would just stick with playing the ROM. It functions the same, so why not? I bought the game card, but that was before I ordered my AK2i.

Rascal

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It is possible and there are numerous tools to do this. On my DSL with an EZ Flash 3-in-1, I use Rupdolph's backup tools (check the downloads section) to backup/restore SAVs with my retail carts. The only issue with Pokemon Platinum is that most utilities only backup 256k and Platinum actually uses 512k for SAVs (1 primary and 1 backup). It's kind of a crap shoot which SAV slot you would restore to, but I've read many workarounds on other forums.

For a lot more information on this, there is a site called "Project Pokemon" that has a thread about this in their Pokesav forums.

Martiin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It actually is possible, with Game Shark, but it includes you buying it, and incidentally, I own one, but never really use...

the link is here about it, GameShark

If you want it then I can sell to you for probably 10 or bargain around the price...

Rascal

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm amazed at the responses that think it isn't possible to copy SAVs to retail carts. Over on the CycloDS official forums, this even has a tutorial associated with it since it is covered so much. Click HERE to jump there and check it out. It gets a bit technical, but serious AK2 users should be used to technical.

This was also covered in a GBA Temp thread from late 2008. While the thread was related to Animal Crossing, it stand true for most DS games/carts.

Martiin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rascal said:
I'm amazed at the responses that think it isn't possible to copy SAVs to retail carts. Over on the CycloDS official forums, this even has a tutorial associated with it since it is covered so much. Click HERE to jump there and check it out. It gets a bit technical, but serious AK2 users should be used to technical.

Just skimming through the link you provided, which was awesome, but I'm pretty sure the topic is about:
transferring SAV files > to > single commercial rom cart

Rascal

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
And to round it out, here is the thread at Project Pokemon explaining the technical details of Platinum's dual-slot SAV and a few tricks to get around the "corrupt save date, using backup" error that sometimes happens when restoring SAVs back to the retail cart.

Red11

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rascal said:

This was also covered in a GBA Temp thread from late 2008. While the thread was related to Animal Crossing, it stand true for most DS games/carts.
wow thanks, my bad for bumping a old thread, been busy

imma try it out once i get me plat.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Imma make quesadillas for lunch :D +1