Hacking A question thats been bothering me recently..

iwakura

HHNNNNNNGGGG
OP
Trophies
Website
flashcartreviews.com
XP
Country
United States
So I've been looking for some microSD cards, and I bought a 3 of em and, unluckily, got all taiwan. So my question is: Will games in the future also crash?

I'd assume the reason Castlevania crashes is because its an extreme load for the SD card to transfer to the DS. i'd also assume that the freezing means its using more of the NDS's capabilities than most games use. if thats the case, wouldnt games that use even more of the DS's capabilities be released soon? and if thats the case, wouldnt that mean it will be absolutely necessary to have a Japan model in the near future?

---

edit: as you can see, i'm basing it on a lot of assumptions
tongue.gif
if something in my train of thought here is wrong, i guess my whole argument goes kablooie.

Lurick

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The good news is, even if that scenario plays out, transflash memory is becoming cheaper and cheaper. If it was still $40 for 256 MB, then I'd be a bit more worried. With 1GB being as low as $10, however ... I can afford to re-order if I have to.

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
My take on it is that any properly programmed game will not crash or lock up, period. If it pushes the system to it's limits maybe it will slow down, but not crash. In other words, it's the fault of the game, not the hardware. Not that that helps if you don't have a fast card.

You could try and get Japanese replacements for your microSD cards. Several people have reported getting Kingston to take the Taiwanese cards back and give them Japanese ones, but success seems to depend on getting a friendly service agent when you call them.

You could also just buy a Toshiba SD-C01G card, those are the same as the Japanese Kingstons.

iwakura

HHNNNNNNGGGG
OP
Trophies
Website
flashcartreviews.com
XP
Country
United States
My take on it is that any properly programmed game will not crash or lock up, period. If it pushes the system to it's limits maybe it will slow down, but not crash. In other words, it's the fault of the game, not the hardware. Not that that helps if you don't have a fast card.

You could try and get Japanese replacements for your microSD cards. Several people have reported getting Kingston to take the Taiwanese cards back and give them Japanese ones, but success seems to depend on getting a friendly service agent when you call them.

You could also just buy a Toshiba SD-C01G card, those are the same as the Japanese Kingstons.

ah...ic thanks! that makes me worry a lot less. I'll try for a replacement too.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Oh man don't get the snowflakes worked up +1