A Question About Restoring vWii Mode

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by Intronaut, Dec 4, 2014.

1. Intronaut
    OP

Intronaut An star maker

Nov 18, 2014
    Cote d'Ivoire
    Hi.

I'm interested to mod the vwii mode of my wii u, but i'm afraid that nintendo could brick my console in a system-update. The Question is: There is a way to do a factory reset to the vWii mode?. I want to have that posibility for that case.

Thanks

2. NWPlayer123

NWPlayer123 GBAtemp Addict

Feb 17, 2012
    United States
    The Everfree Forest
  3. Friendsxix

Friendsxix Introspective Potato

May 6, 2008
    United States
    Best Hemisphere
    Just going to play devil's advocate here, but Nintendo has deliberately bricked Wiis before.
    See: http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Error_003
    Specifically, "IOS tries to encrypt a certain byte pattern with the Korean key and then compares it with hard coded values, if the result matches it returns 0 which will then trigger the error in the System Menu."
    Normally, I'd take that with a grain of salt as it is a wiki, but that page revision was authored by Crediar, so I think it's reliable.

But I agree, Nintendo wouldn't likely do that on the Wii U. (Not to a major region, at least. This example only harmed Korean Wiis, a smaller demographic. If I remember correctly, their motivation for doing this was because Korean Wii consoles were cheaper than those from any other region, so people were importing them, region swapping them, and selling them in other regions for profit. Don't quote me on that, though. :P)