A Nintendo Switch flashcart is being teased, and it could support all models

Screenshot_20231223-123346_Brave.jpg

Throughout the Nintendo Switch's life, we've seen modchips and softmods aplenty. What has been missing in the Switch hacking scene, though, is a flashcart; and if rumors are to be believed, one might be coming soon. A user by the name of After Time X shared on Twitter that they have exclusive information regarding testing of a flashcart that will work on all models and revisions of the Nintendo Switch. A video of "proof" was shown, of someone cycling through rom backups, and loading the games to play on their Switch OLED unit. According to the rumor, these flashcarts will begin shipping as early as next month.

:arrow: Source
:arrow: Discussion thread

Last edited by Flame,

TomSwitch

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is cool and all, but I ain’t running the risk of being banned on a platform I (unfortunately) pay to have the privilege of using to play with my kids. Modchip/emunand is the way.
Sounded like the same thing if you are talking about piracy
Post automatically merged:

That's because they have close ties with the government's communist party. It's completely in another level, think it like it's mafia. At least a friend of mine in China that's how she calls them.
It’s their legal rights as licensed party to sell those game. Tencent is the owners of many IP all over the entertainment world globally in case you don’t know.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Sounded like the same thing if you are talking about piracy
Post automatically merged:

It’s their legal rights as licensed party to sell those game. Tencent is the owners of many IP all over the entertainment world globally in case you don’t know.
It is the same thing. You’re not buying a flash cart to strictly run home brew (if it even supports it). Emunand is a safe way to do so and avoid the ban hammer.

Reactions: impeeza

fout21

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
This is good news for games that are scalped and overpriced like Atelier Ryza. I would definitely purchase the original game if it was available in stores, but I'm not paying scalpers a thing so a flash card would be a treat alternative. Also I hope I can play some translated games this way like Yo-kai Watch 4. This is the only reason I love that these flash chips and mods are created.

Gozaburo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Luxembourg
It will be interesting as long as it didn't require any cfw.
I have an unmodified day one switch and this is something which is interesting for me.

Reactions: impeeza

rcpd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What have you been waiting for if you have a unpatched Switch? This just to pirate games ???
Same reason I have an unpatched Switch as well. It has plenty of paid for games, it gets online and plays because Nintendo kind of made it more difficult to hack, it’s a OLED.

Hacking it is no longer easy.

TheStonedModder

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
According to the newest spawn wave video. It sounds like there’s a second clip of this fashcart in action floating around and he got sent it just by DMing the account that tweeted this initially asking for some more “proof”

Maybe someone from here can do the same and get the video

• Wow
Reactions: BigOnYa

Rahkeesh

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
According to the newest spawn wave video. It sounds like there’s a second clip of this fashcart in action floating around and he got sent it just by DMing the account that tweeted this initially asking for some more “proof”

Maybe someone from here can do the same and get the video

Spawnwave doesn't claim seeing this himself in that news video, he's just pointing to Voultar's tweet who seems to have some info beyond the publicly shared video. Voultar is a highly accomplished retro modder and hearing from him is all I need to know that this is real working hardware, though whether/how it comes to market or Nintendo patching it is another issue.

TheStonedModder

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Spawnwave doesn't claim seeing this himself in that news video, he's just pointing to Voultar's tweet who seems to have some info beyond the publicly shared video. Voultar is a highly accomplished retro modder and hearing from him is all I need to know that this is real working hardware, though whether/how it comes to market or Nintendo patching it is another issue.

I’ve seen that tweet I guess I just misunderstood spawn waves wording gotcha

Seeing news from voultar himself def helps however

Mr Skinner

Trophies
Website
www.nerdfy.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
Since picofly I have been focusing on the functioning of the switch hardware, (which has helped me get out of several troubles in modding) and studying the functioning of the Lotus in a completely amateur way, I am curious to know how they managed to bypass the communication between lotus3 and the processor's soc, since the writing functions are very limited and standardized to maintain control of the input.

Would it be frivolous to think that the cartridge would have some web/bluethoot interface to allows overriding all modifications that are supported by input plugins and aggregators?

SilverLobster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would suggest first getting an old unpopular/worthless game cartridge, or better yet an old radio or something, and practicing on the board inside. Just start with soldering wires to specific points. Watch some yt vids on basics. Assemble a set of necessary items ... the iron itself, the solder, flux, some desoldering braid, quality screwdrivers, tweezers, a portable USB-C desk lamp, and some magnifying glasses (that you wear, not Sherlock Holmes type).
Thanks for the tips! My dad is into ham radio actually so I should be able to borrow a soldering iron and the other stuff.

I spend so much time playing videogames I figure the least I can do is learn stuff like what's inside of a console and how does it work? maybe I'll even be able to know how to fix broken electronics eventually, I've got a lot of learning about electricity before I get there though lol

Reactions: BigOnYa

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: oof