A Nintendo Switch flashcart is being teased, and it could support all models

Screenshot_20231223-123346_Brave.jpg

Throughout the Nintendo Switch's life, we've seen modchips and softmods aplenty. What has been missing in the Switch hacking scene, though, is a flashcart; and if rumors are to be believed, one might be coming soon. A user by the name of After Time X shared on Twitter that they have exclusive information regarding testing of a flashcart that will work on all models and revisions of the Nintendo Switch. A video of "proof" was shown, of someone cycling through rom backups, and loading the games to play on their Switch OLED unit. According to the rumor, these flashcarts will begin shipping as early as next month.

:arrow: Source
:arrow: Discussion thread

Last edited by Flame,

tsam2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
didn't stop them jailing the last guy
The last guy was not arrested by a video leaked on twitter, but had a shady business with a name and an address. Let's not be so paranoid, they have a team of laywers trying to find legal ways to stop these kind of businesses and not online detectives. And if you are living in China (and i suspect these dudes are from there) then surely you don't give a damn, since China never extradite chinese citizens to other countries.

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
The last guy was not arrested by a video leaked on twitter, but had a shady business with a name and an address. Let's not be so paranoid, they have a team of laywers trying to find legal ways to stop these kind of businesses and not online detectives. And if you are living in China (and i suspect these dudes are from there) then surely you don't give a damn, since China never extradite chinese citizens to other countries.
Tencent however can make their lives a living nightmare

JuanMena

90's Kid, Old Skull Gamer & Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Mmhm. The 3DS flashcarts all over again..
Well, it's obvious "hackers" will definitely notice whatever custom firmware is making that flashcard work in any system.
So it's a matter of time until things gets messy. That is, of course, if the flashcard is real and if it ever gets released to general public.

Reactions: jeffyTheHomebrewer

clearquare

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bough a Nintendo Switch like more than 3 years ago, after 2 years I stopped playing it as much because of covid, it upset me quite that Nintendo wouldn't make the console's web browser simply available for people to use, there is so many HTML5 art out there, I still would love to try on.

Last edited by clearquare,

Hanafuda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I like taking electronics apart so I want to learn how to solder sometime but I don't want to risk breaking my Switch so I'd want to mess around with something old so it doesn't matter, I have a broken in half DS Phat actually that I think would be cool to turn into a Game boy macro, would that be easy to do as a first project?

I would suggest first getting an old unpopular/worthless game cartridge, or better yet an old radio or something, and practicing on the board inside. Just start with soldering wires to specific points. Watch some yt vids on basics. Assemble a set of necessary items ... the iron itself, the solder, flux, some desoldering braid, quality screwdrivers, tweezers, a portable USB-C desk lamp, and some magnifying glasses (that you wear, not Sherlock Holmes type).

frozencat

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia

Throughout the Nintendo Switch's life, we've seen modchips and softmods aplenty. What has been missing in the Switch hacking scene, though, is a flashcart; and if rumors are to be believed, one might be coming soon. A user by the name of After Time X shared on Twitter that they have exclusive information regarding testing of a flashcart that will work on all models and revisions of the Nintendo Switch. A video of "proof" was shown, of someone cycling through rom backups, and loading the games to play on their Switch OLED unit. According to the rumor, these flashcarts will begin shipping as early as next month.

:arrow: Source
:arrow: Discussion thread
hopefully for homebrew and not piracy 🥰

SylverReZ

Dat one with the Rez
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
yea true still hopefully it'll have some potential with it at least
Hopefully, this will help many people who don't want to install a modchip or perform the RCM jig exploit, everytime they want to boot into homebrew and/or CFW.

Reactions: Blythe93

realtimesave

///AMG
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Where's the first 2 or 3 pages of bashing Nintendo for making great games and systems? :P At any rate, I would buy this product if it is inexpensive just for my collection. It's never going to outdo a hardmod tho.

Reactions: BigOnYa

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
im almost pissing myself with the nonsense youtube gaming journalists are throwing out on the back of this 95% likely fake video.

i'm dying everytime one of them wagers this will speed up the release of the switch 2.

anyone believing nintendo is afraid of completely blocking the i dunno maybe dozen original carts per game that were used to dump xcis online from ever being usable again (in addition to online blocking the users who recently ran those dumps) is crazy.
yeah its gonna take an update per banwave probably, but its gonna happen.

fst312

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don’t think you have to really select games the way the video is showing. First the only thing I question about this when thinking about this is why it takes two tries before the game selection changes if I’m seeing this right it doesn’t change till after the third try. I’m almost sure when they eventually release another video, they will show every game has the cart showing it’s ready to be played, hopefully. Maybe all software will work. Got to search up sky3ds to see if it was really like this or is it just similar. Hopefully this gets released soon since they already messed up by showing it off if it’s real. Just questioning the beginning of video right now.

Reactions: BigOnYa

Sonic3320

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I find it pretty cool to do this without hardmodding a v2 (I dont trust putting another chip into a console that is already very tiny) or using a v1 with worse battery life. I dont care much about online banning because one thing that I really dont care about the Switch is the awful online services. I think missing online services on Xbox and PlayStation is far more meaningful.

TheStonedModder

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im almost pissing myself with the nonsense youtube gaming journalists are throwing out on the back of this 95% likely fake video.

i'm dying everytime one of them wagers this will speed up the release of the switch 2.

anyone believing nintendo is afraid of completely blocking the i dunno maybe dozen original carts per game that were used to dump xcis online from ever being usable again (in addition to online blocking the users who recently ran those dumps) is crazy.
yeah its gonna take an update per banwave probably, but its gonna happen.
Thats why you get a donor cart. Can't ban or detect something that no one else is going to use or ever put inside of a switch again.

If you're using shared files you're asking to get banned. Like when people would share xbox 360 KVs

SylverReZ

Dat one with the Rez
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom

YouTube should really ban gaming journalists for real.
Post automatically merged:

That's why you get a donor cart. Can't ban or detect something that no one else is going to use or ever put inside of a switch again.
How's that going to work?

tsam2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Tencent however can make their lives a living nightmare
That's because they have close ties with the government's communist party. It's completely in another level, think it like it's mafia. At least a friend of mine in China that's how she calls them.

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
That's because they have close ties with the government's communist party. It's completely in another level, think it like it's mafia. At least a friend of mine in China that's how she calls them.
No shit... all companies of size got ties with the government in China (well most countries actually)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol