OP
Administrator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Today we have made some slight changes to the way Promoted News articles are displayed at GBAtemp.

For front-page threads, as well as for those that have been promoted to the front-page by staff - the article will be displayed in a new modern layout that allows for clearer headlines, better readability and a more streamlined approach - including a new sidebar that will allow you to continue reading promoted articles without having to navigate back to the homepage to see them (available on desktop only - window size dependent).

One of the main reasons for this change is to hopefully be included in Google News which would be a huge boost for GBAtemp and allow our articles to be promoted within Google search results as 'news stories' rather than simple search results.

If you would prefer to keep reading news in the old-format you can disable the Modern News layout in your user preferences. Please also note that this layout is not available on TempStyle 1.

Example of the Modern News layout:

news.jpg

brickmii82

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have just recently discovered that if you remain nostalgic (OG Tempstyle) on Temp, you miss out on a lot of stuff … :O

CeeDee

fuckin dork
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seems odd to me, I want to like it, but eh... Nice work, though! And thanks for adding a disable option :P

shaunj66

GBAtemp Administrator
OP
Administrator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So can someone tell me why it displays Krista Noren? Is everyone gonna have stuff like that on the front page? :ninja:
In order for our news to be accepted into Google News, they require real names to be displayed and not aliases. If you don't have a real name set - for example; user submitted news that gets promoted to the front page, then your username will show.

Reactions: DarthDub

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: https://youtu.be/heNQ-22Mqnk?si=B4bTa9MKZkRNCkxU