A new 2D Metroid game is in development, titled Metroid Dread

The first original 2D Metroid game in 19 years has just been unveiled. Nintendo has shown the initial footage for Metroid Dread, which features traditional Metroid gameplay elements, as well as a general horror vibe, robots, and exploration. The game will be launching later this year, on October 8th, for the Nintendo Switch. Meanwhile, Metroid Prime 4 is still in development, but had no updates to show at this year's E3.

Dimensional

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not sure why, but this reminds me of some weird metroid like dream I had a few months back. Was like Metroid Fusion, but you were almost constantly being hunted the moment you enter the station, and they would always be able to know how to get to you. You'd be hunted more in poorly lit areas.

LightBeam

Trophies
XP
Country
France
LET'S GO BABY

It's been a long time since I have bought a Switch game, but I can't pass on this one. Metroid fans please buy it. If we want more Metroid games, we have to buy it. Especially if it's fucking Metroid Dread.

Impossible_Igntiz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I guess all the bitching and moaning finally paid off for the fans,i was never interested in this series but at least the fans finally got what they wanted for so very long.... now next year's E3 is gonna be F-Zero's turn lol

Reactions: StrayGuitarist

stanleyopar2000

RIP Yuzu. "It is always morally correct..."
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Yo this game was supposed to come out in 2006 on the DS.

It's freaking here.

Experiment status report update. Metroid project "Dread" is nearing the final stages of completion."

"Experiment results unsuccessful. All attempts at using Metroids as a weapon power source have failed."

If you are even the slightest bit hyped, do not pirate this and vote with your wallet to tell Nintendo you want more of this!!

Last edited by stanleyopar2000,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BunnyPinkie @ BunnyPinkie: Currently asked for mecha mote iinchou mm my best friend to be translated but I also want to ask...