det1re.de
OP
Trophies
Website
det1re.de
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Because it still appears, that people need specific IOS and System Menu WADs, but don't know how, here is a small guide on how to use
WB3000's NUS Downloader.

This isn't designed to be a step-by-step how to do it, but a guide in understanding how things work.

After you downloaded it (link is above) let it start so you have the NUSD window open.
On your first startup, you'll have to press the "Generate Certs" button. Let NUSD perform it's action to get the main window enabled. So here we have the main surface.

For better understanding i coloured the boxes we need:

nusdtut.png
  • Red = there goes the TitleID you want
  • Blue = here you enter the version of the file you want
  • Green = this button will start downloading the files from the Nintendo Update Servers
  • Orange = check this box to enable WAD packing. the input box on the right will let you choose the WAD's name.
So you now understand the most important facts about NUSD we start downloading. I mentioned TitleID's before but here is an real explanation:
A TitleID is one hexadecimal number that identifies an application (could be an IOS, WiiWare, System Menu etc.). It consists of 16 digits, where the first 8 are the "type" of application and the last 8 are the unique identifier.

Here is an example:
00010002 48414141

00010002 reads for the Wii as a "System Channel".
48414141 converting it from HEX to String gives us "HAAA"; this Title is known as Photo Channel.

You don't need to know much about it, but respect that NUSD wants a TitleID in the form XXXXXXXXYYYYYYYY. For our Photo Channel it would then be "0001000248414141".

For this tutorial I would like to present you two examples: The first will show you how to obtain the newest version of a particular IOS. The second shows you how to get the 3.2E SystemMenu as WAD.

1) IOS

IOS in general have the "essential" type. So the first 4 bytes are always "00000001". (Thanks WiiCrazy)
For the second part we have to use a hexadecimal calculator. You can use the Windows Calculator (in scientific mode) for that reason. Use it to calculate the IOS number you want.
I want IOS38, because it is the coolest. Input 38 in wincalc and then change to Hex mode. The result should be 26. Filling up the eight byte we get "00000026". So in our red box we insert "0000000100000026" (w/o " of course). Since I want the newest version I do not have to enter something in the blue version box, NUSD is designed to automatically get the newest. Check if "Pack -> WAD" is checked and Start NUS Download. The result will be a new directory with the WAD in it.

2) System Menu 3.2E (PAL)

System Menu is "essential", too. So "00000001" stays. Together with "00000002" we get the whole System Menu TitleID ("0000000100000002"). All System Menu versions have this TitleID. It will never change. However I want the old 3.2 one. Using the table below I get to know that my blue version box needs "290" to be input. From here it's the same as above. Download it and install it through WAD Manager. You can also combine these methods to get "older" IOS files.

PLEASE DO NEVER INSTALL A SYSTEM MENU FROM ANOTHER REGION!

Code:
 System Menu Version Numbers...

SysMenu | JAP (J) | USA (U) | PAL (E)
--------+---------+---------+---------
2.2ÂÂÂÂ | 192ÂÂÂÂ | 193ÂÂÂÂ | 194
3.0ÂÂÂÂ | 224ÂÂÂÂ | 225ÂÂÂÂ | 226
3.1ÂÂÂÂ | 256ÂÂÂÂ | 257ÂÂÂÂ | 258
3.2ÂÂÂÂ | 288ÂÂÂÂ | 289ÂÂÂÂ | 290
3.3ÂÂÂÂ | 352ÂÂÂÂ | 353ÂÂÂÂ | 354
3.4ÂÂÂÂ | 384ÂÂÂÂ | 385ÂÂÂÂ | 386
4.0ÂÂÂÂ | 416ÂÂÂÂ | 417ÂÂÂÂ | 418

At last here are some links you might find helpful:

* NUS Downloader
* Up to date System Menu list
* IOS list having some version numbers as well
* WiiBrew's TitleID Database (helps you finding TitleID's) + explanation

Hopefully this will help someone. :x

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
I have a naive question: why can't WW or VC titles be downloaded this way then putted into a WAD ? isn't the ticket/tmd also available on NUS ?

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba

drfsupercenter

Flash Cart Aficionado
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm... what is the purpose of having a DSi download option?

Is there any way to actually use the downloaded firmware?

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
A little correction, each character in title id's ascii representation actually 4-bits (nibble) and hence not a byte... So below statement is misleading... full title id itself is 8 bytes...

QUOTE said:
IOS in general have the "essential" type. So the first 8 bytes are always "00000001".

KirovAir

Alcoholic Programmer
Trophies
Website
www.jessesander.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
Thanks. This guide shows that you can practically obtain any (IOS/Sysmenu) WAD you want, without the need of pirate methods. Also, I didn't knew that you could generate the IDs yourself. (Hex-ASCII method). So this was quite helpful for me.
smile.gif

Det1re

det1re.de
OP
Trophies
Website
det1re.de
XP
Country
Gambia, The
WiiCrazy said:
A little correction, each character in title id's ascii representation actually 4-bits (nibble) and hence not a byte... So below statement is misleading... full title id itself is 8 bytes...

QUOTE said:
IOS in general have the "essential" type. So the first 8 bytes are always "00000001".
Got it fixed. Thanks.

tueidj

I R Expert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
You can get all downloadable content for the wii from NUS (WiiWare, VC games, channels, DLC) but it's encrypted. To decrypt it or install it on the wii you need the ticket, which won't be available to download if the title has to be purchased.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    B @ btjunior: i love sigma meals, skibidi slicers!!