OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Mexico
Hello everyone!

Just been thinking of getting a e-reader, like but I am not sure which would be worth buying?

Can anyone point me to the right direction please? =)

No worries, I still like good old paper books, but just need some tech every now and then. Lol

D

Deleted User

I used to have a Kindle and they're pretty good. Feel free to convert anything you need to the .mobi format should you need to convert EPub books to a different format. PDFs are also easily readable, and you can sync purchases from Kindle with your phone or tablet device. One thing I absolutely loved was the ability to see the screen in the bright daylight, which isn't possible with mobile devices without turning the brightness up so much that you lose a lot of battery.

Reactions: Yumi

Yumi

With Love<3
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Mexico
Kindle Paperwhite, for a good, low cost, high quality reader. That, and Calibre to get any e-Book out there on the device. Oh, and the Project Gutenberg Magic Catalog for a lot of copyright free classics.
Oooh thank you. I will definitely consider the Paperwhite.=) and thanks for the goodies. =D

I used to have a Kindle and they're pretty good.
Thanks for the neat details. =) Both of you have said a Kindle. I wilk consider one. ^_^
Just curious, what happened to your Kindle? =p

D

Deleted User

Sold it because it became unused as I fell out of reading books, so it wasn't anything to do with the hardware, just I wasn't using it for anything.

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Kindle has a bit of a corner on the book market these days. Sure, you could get a Nook or Nook color but why when you could get a superior Kindle. My wife just bought herself a paperwhite kindle and hasn't looked back since. She has read 3 books in the week she has had it.

I suggest a kindle. Its just the best.

You can check the store too, they have manga you can download too.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
My vote goes to Kindle Paperwhite as well, really good readers, really good value for the money too. I have an older Graphite model, very happy with it but really lacks the backlight (so I end up reading on my DS most of the time :tpi: ), so definitely go for Paperwhite. The only con is that they're locked to Amazon's e-book store and that's the only place you can legally obtain content for it, ahem hem :ph34r:

Yumi

With Love<3
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Mexico
A Kindle it will be then. ^_^
Paperwhite is what I will go with.

You can check the store too, they have manga you can download too.
Ooh interesting. I like that. =)

...(so I end up reading on my DS most of the time :tpi: )
Hmm, I am curious now. How comfortable is that? xD
And thanks for the con detail.

spiralshadow123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know OP has already made a decision, but have any of you tried out Kobo e-readers? I've heard they are almost if not just as good as Kindles but they can read ePub files without conversion.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: