GhostToast

OP
Trophies
Website
whatthephoto.com
XP
Country
United States
I hope this one hasn't been done. A bit of a twist on the "what game should I buy?!" threads.
I recently acquired a DSi and am getting a flashcart for it. I also have an NDS with an R4, which I loved. I would like to find some games that the wife (who is not much of a gamer but gives it a go once in a while) could play together. Particularly if we could be on a team, as I usually smoke her at games and thus cause her to not want to play against me anymore.

She liked Mario Party for the Gamecube, so that seems to be a good one. Just wondering if anyone else who has had multiple DS's in the house can recommend some games to try. Especially those which are not too complicated (for example, Echoes of Time seems great cause there's co-op, but she'd be annoyed at the prospect of having to change out her equipment and whatnot, just to level jewels). Still, might be worth an effort.

Any suggestions are appreciated! Thanks.

mucus

Orc Orc Orc
Trophies
XP
Country
MY wife and I play Puyo Pop together a lot

and we play dementium together, by sitting next to each other and going in the same route.

those should be fun

eldaddio

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Viva Pinata is good, as is animal crossing. Basically play your own games, then compare/visit/swap stuff etc.. Turnip price trading is good.

Enjoyed playing these games at the same time as my missus.

kosheh

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
My girlfriend's into Rhythm Heaven, usually when we're hanging out she'll steal my DS away from me and just play Rhythm Heaven. She's way farther in it than I am now. D:
All your wife needs is a sense of rhythm - but yeah it's a good 1P experience and that's okay.

I always loved Kirby Super Star's co-op for some reason, but I suggest multicard play so you can do Adventure Co-Op. Unless you want her looking over your shoulder (honestly I still can't fathom how that's supposed to work)
However, it's kinda butts when you're Kirby because she'll wonder what the point of playing is if you're just going and reaming the hell out of everyone - though she'll probably like the fact that she can transform into all those characters. I recommend you play as the helper, though and let her do the majority of the exploring.

A game I've always wanted to get my girlfriend into (and I hope to once I get her a DS) is Advance Wars: Days of Ruin. It's a strategy game so idk. It looks good, sounds good, plays good, and can be head-to-head or co-op. You can even play the game together by using just one DS! It has a little bit of a learning curve, but once your wife understands the basics (like what units do), things should be just fine.

Also Tetris DS if you're looking for wonderfully simplistic fun

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    Veho @ Veho: https://youtube.com/watch?v=Y23PPkftXIY