A fourm thats still alive? How exciting!

Soilboi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Howdy all,

End of the semester stress caused me to look for new forums as apparently all my old ones died. :(
How is this one?

Since this is a gaming site, I'm thinking about getting "subnautica" to celebrate graduating in May. Any opinions?

I also like cats, send me photos of cats

Reactions: T-hug and Seriel

8BitWonder

Small Homebrew Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Welcome to GBATemp! Lots of games and hacking going on here, I hope you enjoy that kind of stuff. :)

Subnautica is an amazing game, the soundtrack and sound design alone is reason to get it.
It can be both an adventurous and nerve-racking experience at different parts of the game, and honestly I say it's worth every penny.
Following and testing the early access builds has been amazing to see how much heart was put into every crevice of it, and I can't wait to see what they've put together for their upcoming expansion.

SG854

Hail Mary
Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Republic of the
Hiiiya! This site doesn't die. Been around for awhile.
Never played Subnautica, so no can help you here.
Wooo, Graduation Party!

Last edited by SG854,

APartOfMe

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
here you go
WmPjH3i.jpg

Reactions: Soilboi

Soilboi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Welcome to GBATemp! Lots of games and hacking going on here, I hope you enjoy that kind of stuff. :)

Subnautica is an amazing game, the soundtrack and sound design alone is reason to get it.
It can be both an adventurous and nerve-racking experience at different parts of the game, and honestly I say it's worth every penny.
Following and testing the early access builds has been amazing to see how much heart was put into every crevice of it, and I can't wait to see what they've put together for their upcoming expansion.
HI PEOPLE :D

While game hacking isn't my strong suit, electronics and scripts are a specialty!

Ah so for my first play though would you recommend waiting till the release of the expansion?
In that same genera do you have any recommendations?

the last game I got to play was Oblivian (updated myst) about a year and a half ago ;-;

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

here you go
I needed this thank you

Reactions: APartOfMe

8BitWonder

Small Homebrew Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah so for my first play though would you recommend waiting till the release of the expansion?
Sorry for the late response; The expansion takes place on a different map with a different character, and is independent from the base game's story.
So if you were to grab subnautica now you won't be missing anything from the base game that might come later, as it's already completed.

Last edited by 8BitWonder,
Reactions: Soilboi

Soilboi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry for the late response; The expansion takes place on a different map with a different character, and is independent from the base game's story.
So if you were to grab subnautica now you won't be missing anything from the base game that might come later, as it's already completed.

thanks for the advice! I'll pick it up in 9 days when summer starts!

I made another post about it, but since you seem in the know, have any suggestions for 8bit LoZ:OOA like games?

8BitWonder

Small Homebrew Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks for the advice! I'll pick it up in 9 days when summer starts!

I made another post about it, but since you seem in the know, have any suggestions for 8bit LoZ:OOA like games?
I haven't played through ages or seasons (I really need to), though I hear people that enjoyed those two also really enjoyed Link's Awakening DX.
I've played through most of it and will vouch that it's pretty good.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Savior of the broken
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Welcome to the Temp! I (the secret admin and real owner of this site, don't tell @Costello) am one of the main reasons this site is still an amazing place. Please withhold your applause.

Soilboi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't played through ages or seasons (I really need to), though I hear people that enjoyed those two also really enjoyed Link's Awakening DX.
I've played through most of it and will vouch that it's pretty good.

Dude the story lines in ages and seasons are the best of the hand held games! I don't think I have played them for a decade but characters are still memorable. In the two you fight against evil persons who aren't seen anywhere else in the story line (you can also get a secret ending in order to fight Gannon too).

ADX is good but its very short, at least it felt like it. the story isn't what I was hoping for either :(
I've played all of the LoZ games up to Spirit Tracks but then I finally lost interest after that Hindenburg of a game.

I was kind of hoping someone made a new brand of the genre, kind of like shovel knight did for platform gaming.

On a side note, this intro forum is kinda nice, but is there like a set of threads where the ~~~* cool kids ~~* hang out?

Thanks all for greeting me!

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I've heard Subnautcia is a great game! It's not for me, but for people that like to explore, survive and build it seems to be a brilliant time!
Happy Graduation!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Hi hi