Hacking A flashcard...

yuya007

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recently bought a DSTT card at www.gamekool.com.
After waiting for a few weeks, they sent me an e mail to pay them $ 100.
My purchase was only $50 and I am confused. I already payed them $50 for the stuff that I bought...
Can anyone tell me what I should do? Thanks.

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
They are obviously trying to rip you off (unless they gave a good reason for the extra charge, though I can't imagine any reasonable explanation for an extra $100 charge).

Contact gamekool.com and try to cancel your order and get a refund. If they are rip off artists they won't do it.

If you ordered with a credit card, call the credit card company and dispute the charge. If you payed by paypal, contact them and tell them that you've been ripped off. If you payed by some other method, you've just learned an expensive lesson about how not to pay for things on the internet.

TheWingless

Wafuu~
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
That site is most likely a scam. Look at the list here:Evil list
I don't know much about business, but I'm pretty sure you don't have to pay them... Just some scam.
Or did they already charge your credit card/took extra money? If they did, then you need to notify your credit card company.

bazzi_h

Trophies
XP
Country
yuya007 said:
I recently bought a DSTT card at www.gamekool.com.
After waiting for a few weeks, they sent me an e mail to pay them $ 100.
My purchase was only $50 and I am confused. I already payed them $50 for the stuff that I bought...
Can anyone tell me what I should do? Thanks.

Wow that's the highest price I've seen for a DSTT
blink.gif

Topfragger

Trophies
XP
Country

hmm, and no registered business number?

usually i trust sites with an Australian Business number and are older than 1 year.

these bastards popped out of nowhere and proclaim themselves the best despite their extortionate prices, if this is USD this is garbage! if it were in AUD it would make sense but in AUD? this is almost twice as much.

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
$50 is a ripoff for a DSTT, never mind $150.

Follow the advice that others have already provided, and then go to DealExtreme.com where you can buy one for $27 (if you can wait 3 weeks or so for delivery). If you want it quickly, Leetmod.com costs a little more but is very fast and tests your cart before they send it to decrease your chances of getting a bad one.

-Bri

Narin

The Cheat Master, kupo!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
cheats.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Wow, that screams scammer right there. :/ I suggest you get your money back if you haven't already and report the site. At any rate, Dealexteme and Gameyeaah are two good places to get flashcards. They are cheap and offer free delivery as well.

Topfragger

Trophies
XP
Country
be wary allot of scam sites offer cheap prices, but they make up their profit by charging ridiculously large ammounts for the delivery.

I ordered my flashcard from Modsupplier.com they have been around since 2003 their registered with an ABN, and they have GST which means that they arent some shady scam site.

any one who lives in Australia i recommend Modsupplier, their live support is excellent too!

oh yeah, gamekool has live support too, wonder if it's ever actually been online?

Swip

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Topfragger said:
© 2008

usually i trust sites with an Australian Business number and are older than 1 year.

these bastards popped out of nowhere and proclaim themselves the best despite their extortionate prices, if this is USD this is garbage! if it were in AUD it would make sense but in AUD? this is almost twice as much.
Actually the Australian dollar is quite strong atm its almost 1:1 with US dollars.

From xe.com at the time of this post:
1 AUD = 0.9404327404 USD

Narin

The Cheat Master, kupo!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
cheats.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Swip said:
Topfragger said:
© 2008

Actually the Australian dollar is quite strong atm its almost 1:1 with US dollars.

1 AUD = 0.9404327404 USD
Nah, the US economy sucks right, any other countries currency is strong right now compared to the US dollar. :/ Go Bush!

Topfragger

Trophies
XP
Country
Swip said:
Topfragger said:
© 2008

1 AUD = 0.9404327404 USD

Yeah i just noticed a short while ago when i did a price currency translation from AUD to USD

what the hell has happened?

yuya007

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Update:
Well...I checked the package tracking number and it says it arrived at a nearby airport...
I'll see what happens.

Thanks for all your replys.

Also, the $50 was not just for the DSTT, It was a package with DSTT and a micro SD. The DSTT by itself was about $28...I think

Well....thanks ya'll and I'll hope something good happens.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what size MicroSD ?

EDIT*
just looked
it seems they ripped you off big time on the memory stick 1GB
you can get a 2GB for $2 on buy.com
they charged you $20 (thats $2 less then much I payed for my 4GB on amazon)

hope your got the kingston bundle though...

Narin

The Cheat Master, kupo!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
cheats.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Yea, sounds a bit expensive to me. You can get a 2 gigabyte MicroSD card for under 10$ at NewEgg or under 3$ at buy.com and a DSTT range from 20-30$.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr