Hacking A few quick questions about the M3 Real

Niklas_101

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Okay, I'm about to buy a Real, but i have a few questions:

-It's not about to become obsolete any time soon, right? I'd hate to buy one and have a better one come out a month later.

-Can you use a M3 Perfect SD as a GBA expansion? I read in this thread (http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=66841) that you can with a M3 Lite, but it said nothing of the M3 SD.

-I have a flashed Phat. With both the Real and the perfect inserted, will it boot to the Real or will I have to flash it with the no-autoboot Flashme?

AXYPB

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Look at the pinned thread concerning Sakura, the new firmware for the Real. If updates are maintained, the Real is in no danger of obsoletion any time soon.

I don't know about the second question, but there are packages available for the Real that include Slot-2 expansion and rumble packs. My guess is that unless the Perfect has PSRAM or something similar, it won't be recognized as a Slot-2 device by the Real's firmware and must be used independently. The default firmware has an option to boot to Slot-2 in either NDS or GBA mode, but Sakura at present does not.

FlashMe defaults to Slot-1, I believe, unless you have it configured to do otherwise. The Real allows booting to Slot-2 and bypassing the firmware by holding down a button as it boots.

nekkutta

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Niklas_101 said:
Okay, I'm about to buy a Real, but i have a few questions:

-It's not about to become obsolete any time soon, right? I'd hate to buy one and have a better one come out a month later.

nope, in fact a lot of ppl are anticipating the M3 Sakura Firmware being released in english for use on the M3DS Real (quite a few are already using a hacked/translated japanese version)

QUOTE said:
-Can you use a M3 Perfect SD as a GBA expansion? I read in this thread (http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=66841) that you can with a M3 Lite, but it said nothing of the M3 SD.

I would believe so, I use the M3 lite perfect, but from what I can tell, the M3 perfect SD and the M3 Lite perfect are the same thing, they both use the same firmware, the only thing I believe is different is the size

-I have a flashed Phat. With both the Real and the perfect inserted, will it boot to the Real or will I have to flash it with the no-autoboot Flashme?

I honestly don't know, most slot-1 flashcarts now-a-days take control before the firmware can activate(I'm guessing since I haven't flashed mine and regardless if the default NDS firmware is set to auto boot cartridge or not, my M3 real will boot right before the whole press a button to continue when you turn the system on)
I would say check the read-me for the flashing that you did to your NDS phat and see what it says. by default the original firmware boots slot-1 and if there is nothing in it, then it boots slot-2...

I am happy with the M3DS real, the gui could be a little quicker, but all in all I like it a lot more than my R4 that I had.

nekkutta

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nearly 4 hours without power :(
  • Veho @ Veho:
    SO POWERLESS
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Tell Kanye I need power
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    Better start running in your hamster wheel
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Meth addicts on a treadmill connected to a generator "Unlimited POWER!!!'
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Before or after a hit?
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Do you dangle a baggie in front of them, like a carrot?
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    they're the same thing
    +1
    i like that idea
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What's the same thing?
    +1
    before or after a hit
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nah, a hit gives them mad meth powers, but makes them more difficult to control.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Before a hit they're like zombies, persistent but slow.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a tradeoff.
    +1
    no i mean, before a hit is after the previous hit
    +1
    if you keep them well enough fed, it's the same thing
    +1
    By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Guys, I just learned my little brother is in the hospital because he had a seizure last night.
  • cearp @ cearp:
    Sorry to hear that BakerMan
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Just found out he's doing alright, doing a lot of complaining too, rightfully so. Who wouldn't complain after having a seizure and being hospitalized?
    +1
    Glad he is OK and complaining is cool :)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah been there had that no fun
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They'll give him sleep studies eegs and possibly one week hospital stay
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: They'll give him sleep studies eegs and possibly one week hospital stay