Hacking A few questions about the R4 SDHC Dual Core

Archack

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been looking into buying a R4 Cart for my 3DS that can run DS roms, and I've researched alot of them, but this one specifically seems like it will do the trick. However, I have a few questions, and I ran across the GBAtemp forums which seems like a really helpful and trustworthy place.

With that being said, the card I was looking to buy was the R4 SDHC Dual Core (2016). I know that it cannot run 3DS games, but that it works on a 3DS. Does the card also work on a DS Lite? Also, they mention it being able to run old games from the GBA, NES, and etc., but I've seen multiple people state that it doesn't run that well.

Basically I am looking for a card that can run DS Roms on both the 3DS and DS Lite (although the latter doesn't really matter that much if it can run the DS Roms on the 3DS System), and one that works well without having to install much on my 3DS (like homebrew and such), and this card seems it can accomplish it. If anyone could help me out and tell me if this is a reasonable buy that would be great, and thanks in advance!

D

Deleted User

If you're looking for a Flashcart that works without homebrew, buy an R4i-SDHC 3DS. Those work :)

Also, DSTWO plays SNES and GBA games, but I don't know if it works on the latest firmware.

Archack

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sweet, thanks for the replies everyone! I might stick with SDHC Dual Core simply because I know of one I can order one that is in stock near me.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Good night