Hacking A few questions about the Acekard

Should I buy the Acekard? (read post first)

• YES! It's not buggy, reliable, and the best flashkart out there.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes. It's buggy, but has very reliable support.

• No. It has tons of bugs and their support sucks.

• NO. This card sucks, and screws up your DS. Do not buy!

• Total voters

Briankealing

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello! (This post might be a bit long, but please read the entire thing)

I found this forum might help me a bit. Yes, I am a N00b at flashcarts (is that what they call them?) and I've done a bit of research. I've looked at the R4 but found that their factory has shut down and there's a whole bunch of clones and crap moving around. I wanted to buy an R4 but because of all the clones and crap, I was afraid of getting a fake. I decided to look at some other options and found that the Acekard seemed to be the best, cheap, flashkart out there.

After a bit more research, I found that apparently there was many "FAT ERRORS" and "WHITESCREENS" and other junk that happens with the Acekard. With a bit of browsing, apparently the 2.1 edition corrects not one, but all these errors? (correct me if needed)

A few other things. Assuming that the Acekard 2.1 does correct all the screwups from 2.0, does DealExtreme currently sell 2.1 editions? Apparently the picture is the 2.1 version but I'm not too sure.

Is this the 2.1 edition? http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.16142
Or is this the correct version? http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.11811

I'm thinking the latter is the 2.0 version and the first one the 2.1 version, please correct me if needed.

Also, will the Acekard brick my DS like the R4 did to fake R4 owners? My parents WILL NOT buy me another DS if the Acekard breaks it.

So is the Acekard something I should buy? I've read a little around the forums and apparently I've learned a few things. Do correct me if wrong.
-Their support is VERY nice
smile.gif

-DealExtreme support is also very nice
smile.gif

-2.1 is not buggy like 2.0
-Acekard will last long if I'm careful (I am, I don't drop things and I'll see if I can superglue it or something so it doesn't break).

Thanks for reading and helping me out!

A few notes:
QUOTE said:
no there is no way to tell until you boot it up and get an error. the 2.1's are all fixed, they assured me of it personally. there is still the chance of a faulty kit but for DOA or other reasons not associated with the bad batch. almost every kit has those issues, lets not forget that the first few months of the cyclo were all DOA but no one seems to remember that. team acekard had an issue with the factory that was making the ak2. it was not a problem they were aware of when it happened. if you have a bad kit and can't get it replaced, they will replace it. that right there should help to gain back their respect. they are very receptive to the issue and very kind and quick to answer e-mail.

it seems DX is shipping both the green pcb and black pcb. you shouldn't have issues with either. the green has been fixed and they have an extra part on the pcb that was used for debugging. i forget what it did exactly, i just remember team acekard mentioned it to me. the black pcb has been redesigned after the fixes were figured out on the green. honestly i like my green 2.1 better. it slides in smoother with less of a loud obtrusive "click" and the spring for the msd is a lot more responsive.

all acekards have a 1 year warranty. if your retailer won't replace it, the team will. i haven't heard of another kit that has a warranty like that.

happy gaming!
-another world

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=93356&st=135

briIn the world of flash carts, more expensive doesn't always mean better.

The Acekard 2 is probably a better choice for most people than the Acekard RPG, which besides being more expensive is older and has some restrictions as far as the types of save files it can write.

If you really want to spend a lot of money on a flash cart, buy a CycloDS. It's a good flash cart and has some extra features like RTS. Not that many people use RTS so it's probably not worth the extra cost for most people, but if you feel that RTS is a must-have feature for you, the CycloDS is probably the best flash cart for you.

But if you're among the majority who don't need RTS, you can't do much better than an Acekard 2. It's got one of the best menus of any flash cart at any price (better than the CycloDS), and happens to be among the least expensive flash carts available. Save your money for something important.

-Bri

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol