Hacking a couple of q's about the eWin expansion pak

shazattaz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
well i just ordered one off of psxboy.com instead of the EZ flash 3in1 and had a couple of things to ask:

1.) do i just put the loader and roms into a folder on the microSD and that's it?

2.) how long does shipping from psxboy usually take (to NA)?

3.) are the game saves saved as .sav files similar to NDS games on an R4?

thanks.

HackNeyed

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
1 Mostly yes, the loader and games can be placed anywhere as far as I know and it will create the folder and sub folders it needs on the microSD card in your Slot-1 solution. The EEP takes clean or trimmed roms, although roms that require special hardware like an internal clock might need to be patched with gbata (I.E. Pokemon) and in case you don't have an R4DS you will need to DLDI patch the loader for your Slot-1 card if auto DLDI patching isn't supported by your card. DS/GBA linkage in the menu only works for R4DS right now but a quick manual power worked for me.

2 I ordered on the 2nd (right in the middle of a Chinese holiday apparently) and with the fast shipping option it got here to Kentucky around the 10th.

3 Yes all saves seem to be SRAM dumps of 128KB each. They are saved to a battery powered memory on the EEP while playing in gba mode and then dumped to the microSD card when loading another rom and then that other rom's save dump is loaded back into the battery powered memory.

Hope that helps
smile.gif

shazattaz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
thankyou for the fairly quick and informative reply.

though i went with the cheapest shipping option so i guess it's gonna be quite a bit longer than yours was.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Si :D +1