Hacking A code necessary for Metroid Prime Trilogy...

TeenTin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Can you find/make a (cheat?) code which can let the game save with the NORMAL difficulty when played with USB Loader with alt.dol method ?

Thanks a lot !

TeenTin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
FenrirWolf said:
Umm, have you tried creating your save file from the menu and setting the difficulty there before loading the game from the alt dol?

Tried it. Not working...

Actually, I even tried creating the NORMAL difficulty save from disc and then continued the game using USB Loader. However, the save eventually turned to the VETERAN difficulty !!

Tagg7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MP1 is a breeze on Veteran, but MP2 is pretty hardy even for me. So I can see why someone would have an issue.

TeenTin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
More difficulties to choose from is always welcomed.

Why not letting everybody has a chance to enjoy this game with suitable difficulty ?

Why looking down upon those not good at FPS ?

Inferior_Design

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
TeenTin said:

Why not letting everybody has a chance to enjoy this game with suitable difficulty ?

It is just that with so many casual gamers owning the console, future games will most likely be lacking in gameplay. And that's just awful because gameplay is all Wii has in the age old "grafx VS gameplay" argument.

TeenTin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Inferior_Design said:
TeenTin said:

It is just that with so many casual gamers owning the console, future games will most likely be lacking in gameplay. And that's just awful because gameplay is all Wii has in the age old "grafx VS gameplay" argument.

Hehe... You think Nintendo is stupid ?

Without gameplay, Nintendo will die.

What Nintendo is doing is providing more OPTIONS so that casual gamers can also enjoy games like Metroid.

Providing more OPTIONS is always welcomed.

Covarr

Sentient Cash Register
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You'd have to be pretty stupid to confuse difficulty for gameplay. Some of the best games I've played have been overwhelmingly easy, such as all of Humongous Entertainment's adventure games (putt putt, freddi fish, pajama sam) and Starfy. On the other hand, some of the hardest games I've played have been terrible, such as the NES versions of Dragon's Lair and Rambo.

Besides which, the puzzles are left intact no matter what difficulty you choose, it only affects enemies. Also worth noting is that MP2 is hard even in normal mode.

Of course, most people who think that all good games have to be hard are the same pretentious jerks that call themselves "high level gamers" and think Street Fighter 2 is the ONLY good fighter and refuse to play games like Smash Bros without dumbing them down to no items/final destination.

Popcap makes casual games. You can hardly compare Metroid Prime on normal difficulty with Bejeweled.

TeenTin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
illinialex24 said:
Super Mario Galaxy is really easy for most of it (except Toy Time challenge stuff, although definitely not impossible or unbeatable), but a really good game. Too easy though. Yeah.

Should focus on whether we ENJOY the game or not.

9th_Sage

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Personally, I wish Hypermode was unlocked from the start.
wink.gif

micric100

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
the point of this thread isn't to debate whether normal mode is for pussies, and it doesn't really matter. it's a wii hacking forum, and this guy wants to know if it's possible to make a code that keeps the game at normal difficulty. It's a reasonable question that I'm sure would help alot of people, so if anyone knows then please help him out.

TeenTin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
micric100 said:
the point of this thread isn't to debate whether normal mode is for pussies, and it doesn't really matter. it's a wii hacking forum, and this guy wants to know if it's possible to make a code that keeps the game at normal difficulty. It's a reasonable question that I'm sure would help alot of people, so if anyone knows then please help him out.

Exactly.

zippy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TeenTin: "Actually, I even tried creating the NORMAL difficulty save from disc and then continued the game using USB Loader. However, the save eventually turned to the VETERAN difficulty !!"
I don't see how that's possible, and if you actually possessed the retail disc, you would not need to play from usb loader and would not have made this thread. I suspect you never had a normal difficulty save.

Only three possible solutions I can think of to fix this problem.
Someone fixes loading the games from the main menu so they don't green screen (unlikely),
Someone has to compare the difference between veteran and normal saves and makes a patch to switch veteran to normal in ocarina (difficult),
Someone with a retail copy of the game makes a beginning save on each of the 3 trilogy games in normal difficulty and uploads their save for anyone seeking normal difficulty to use (easy)

Anyone with a store bought version of the game willing to upload the three beginning saves on normal difficulty?

Skater4599

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually creating a save game with normal diffuculty via the disc then loading through USB loader still doesnt work, i did this with metorid prime 1, loaded it through usb and it actually changed my save game to Veteran the one and only time i loaded it through usb, my guess is it does this no matter where you are in the game also.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nah he's about to be the ghost in your bedroom +1