A browser with flash.

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by goodiesohhi, Mar 16, 2017.

1. goodiesohhi
    OP

goodiesohhi Member

Newcomer
    Mar 16, 2017
    Canada
    So I was thinking. I looked at the youtube app for the 3ds. I am 99 percent sure it is just a shell pointing to m.youtube.com. A while back, I saw someone come up with an exploit where he managed to go into youtube account settings, which is connected to your google account and through a tangle of links, he managed to make it to google. I have reproduced this before and can confirm that the youtube app can be used as a flash enabled browser. I recently tried to do this again but it seems that they have patched it so that the 3ds version can no longer click links out of youtube. I am trying to decompile the app but I am above the last version decrypt9 works on (I still have cfw). If anyone can produce some decrypted files I should be able to set it's default page to be google. This would allow it to be used as a browser. (Keyword I should.)

2. rikumax25!

rikumax25! Keyblade Wielder

Apr 21, 2016
    Costa Rica
    do you have a9lh? Because you can boot d9 from boot

3. Dionicio3

Dionicio3 Some Cool Skiddo

Feb 26, 2017
    United States
    Hollister, CA
    Wow, just to think the YouTube app is a flash browser that works on the OLD 3DS.

4. goodiesohhi
    OP

goodiesohhi Member

Newcomer
    Mar 16, 2017
    Canada
    Yes I do. I am able to boot into decrypt9 even with the latest firmware version? I will look into this.

5. rikumax25!

rikumax25! Keyblade Wielder

Apr 21, 2016
    Costa Rica
    move d9.bin to /luma/payloads and rename it to x_decrypt9.bin. That way you can open d9 by holding x on boot

6. goodiesohhi
    OP

goodiesohhi Member

Newcomer
    Mar 16, 2017
    Canada
    I found it. I hold start for mine. You do not know how many buttons I tried. (all of em except start.)

7. evandixon

evandixon PMD Researcher

May 29, 2009
    United States
    Flash is dead. Youtube uses HTML5.

Zidapi likes this.
  8. goodiesohhi
    OP

goodiesohhi Member

Newcomer
    Mar 16, 2017
    Canada
    meh well what about other video services like all those anime sites. They use html5 as well so.

9. goodiesohhi
    OP

goodiesohhi Member

Newcomer
    Mar 16, 2017
    Canada
    Looking at code.bin, I see html and javascript. I see what is basically the html structure of the youtube page and a javascript snippet. Including one with a var thats equal to m.youtube.com/watch etc with the ? argument indicator and appended after it a video variable. This is what is used to change the video there are snippets for search and etc. DO you think if I replaced the actual html structure with an iframe might it work? This is obviously not a good approach but I'm playing around with it in hans.