Hacking A bit of help with Starfall...

blackkat101

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry if someone else has posted this problem. I've been trying to figure it out for a little over a week. Been to many different forums and have found others with the same problem and some even found solutions to fix it. Too bad none has worked for me...

I finally got the homebrew channel running and all other programs on it work dandy.

System is even downgraded from 3.4U to 3.2U

Now I just need Starfall to work.

Placed it in the card. It shows up in the homebrew channel. I can select it and it goes to it's disclaimer screen.

Yes, I have read the disclaimer on how your supposed to push the 1 instead of the 2 button while pressing B to continue.

This is where the problem starts and well... stops.

By pressing B+1, the screen says:

failed!
exiting . . .

and then goes back to the homebrew channel menu.

On some other forums, some have said pressing B+2 work.

Tried it. Nothing happens.

Another forum said to press B+1+2 all at the same time and it work... well, it did not for me.

Pressing all three either does nothing or does the same as pressing B+1.

If anyone has any suggestions on how to get the Starfall program to work...

Please, I'm all ears.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Read the text? If you don't know what to press after reading, it's hard to help you. And next time post in the noob thread.

Razorwing

Elite Four Member
Trophies
XP
Country
Do you have preloader installed? Preloader stops the starfall installer from working and you get the error you described in your original post.

DukeDizko

Trophies
XP
Country
Another noob question: Is all that trouble people come up with, like that Starfall (what does it do) stuff here or especially that "new" GC-Loader-thing (fuck it , people are talkin' of it as if the wheel has been reinvented) only for those ppl who are absolutely unwilling to chip their Wii??? I frankly do not get it. Playing GC-Backups has never been a prob since the first Wiikey-arrivals. And why would you NOT want to chip your Wii as it makes things WAY easier (depending on what you want to do)? Hope that's not too off-topic but I would appreciate any answers from my fellow tempers
smile.gif

fruitman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DukeDizko said:
Another noob question: Is all that trouble people come up with, like that Starfall (what does it do) stuff here or especially that "new" GC-Loader-thing (fuck it , people are talkin' of it as if the wheel has been reinvented) only for those ppl who are absolutely unwilling to chip their Wii??? I frankly do not get it. Playing GC-Backups has never been a prob since the first Wiikey-arrivals. And why would you NOT want to chip your Wii as it makes things WAY easier (depending on what you want to do)? Hope that's not too off-topic but I would appreciate any answers from my fellow tempers
smile.gif

Once you learn to ride a bike , you never forget how to do it. I wouldn't chip my Wii as I can't solder and I'm not paying someone a fortune to do it for me.

@the OP: try running Ios Downgrader from homebrew channel then install cios_fix.wad in wad manager.

blackkat101

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just probably have fear of ruining my system with a chip. Plus, I only make so much money...

To do a chip, I'd first need to shell out money for one and then I'd have to install it. Installing chips into computers isn't too hard, but I'd rather not risk it with my Wii, screw up and have to buy a whole new one.

If I could find a better job and had the spare money, then I'd purchase a second Wii for chipping....

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    there is a plugin that display them on the wii u menu, pretty sure it is enabled by default
  • crafthp434 @ crafthp434:
    so like it doesnt exist
    yeah
    ?
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    it doesn't exist, at least not for aroma
    ohhhhh
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    on tiramisu you can access it by opening mii maker
    okay
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    I don't have a wii u anymore to test it myself, but if homebrews are not visible on the wii u menu I think you can press L + R + minus to open the plugin menu, there should be an option called "homebrews on wii u menu" or something similar
    nope
    it is L+dpad down+ select
    but homebrew is appearing in the home menu btw
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    yes, now I remember it
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    then it is working, I also don't like that they did this but it is the only option you have if you are using aroma
    i just didint know the homebrew launcher didint exist in aroma
    thanks btw
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Im downloading fallout 3 goty edition
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm downloading more ram for my hamster pc
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    New hamster PC, with anal operation and BT connectivity!
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, How do I make enemies respawn on gdevelop after
    the player dies?
    Carrying a PC or phone is so old school!
    Squeeze your cheeks twice to answer calls!
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @Xdqwerty you can use a "spawner" function on any object.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or when your player dies, you can say in code, if enemy exists, do nothing, but if enemy does not exist, then create enemy at certain spot. (This would be a pain tho for lots of emeies)
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Easiest, simple way would be just restart scene, but player would restart from beginning.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, thx in advance
    +1
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BigOnYa, thx in advance +1