Not open for further replies.

Goku1992A

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you bought it in person you are SOL sorry
If you bought it from a shop or online return it

Those are your two options... your 3rd option (which is unethical) is to sell it to someone else as someone did to you

shixooo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
From the replies, I think I am doomed
Any email to contact with sony at least I give it a try !

Reactions: zxr750j

Goku1992A

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From the replies, I think I am doomed
Any email to contact with sony at least I give it a try !

Sony isn't going to care.... you got the short end of the stick sorry! The best way I think that the console got banned was abusing the PS Plus Collection. You just have to sell it saying that the console is banned you may get a loss of funds but you will recoup some of your money. Always buy brand new or from a store buying from a person always have the risks! I only buy video games from people not consoles. If I do ebay I would always have buyer protection.

https://www.gameinformer.com/2020/11/30/ps5-users-are-being-banned-due-to-ps-plus-collection-abuse

shixooo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Sony isn't going to care.... you got the short end of the stick sorry! The best way I think that the console got banned was abusing the PS Plus Collection. You just have to sell it saying that the console is banned you may get a loss of funds but you will recoup some of your money. Always buy brand new or from a store buying from a person always have the risks! I only buy video games from people not consoles. If I do ebay I would always have buyer protection.

https://www.gameinformer.com/2020/11/30/ps5-users-are-being-banned-due-to-ps-plus-collection-abuse
Okay I already lost hope
I think I will go with miles morales physical copy then try to sell it
I can update games and the console software tho, but the psn is suspended

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know a lot of people got banned on the 360 for trading games by using different accounts. the only thing is that the 360 requires you be signed in if using a different system with the account that bought the game(s), so seeing the same account playing multiple games at the same time was a red flag. I don't know if that can happen with the ps5.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Always buy brand new or from a store buying from a person always have the risks! I only buy video games from people not consoles. If I do ebay I would always have buyer protection.

As ever online is only of marginally more relevance to my game playing habits than a game having a sound test. Would encourage others to find ways to play offline -- I had a 360, never took it online (played when at houses of my friends though) but still had one of the best times I have ever had in gaming.

That said many modern games have been coming with little unique headers in them that may or may not lead to loss of online for that game, or worse. First I can really think of was probably one of the DS music games/tools that had a sound library you download, and hid a unique value in the save file from the factory that limited downloads (people figured this out and grabbed the lot eventually for the ROM using, indeed original owners too as the limit was lower than the library size).
Came properly to the fore with the the 3ds with its unique header, however Nintendo was smoking all the crack when they implemented it so any header would work for any game (not just the same game as what it was sourced from, any game)

This is also ignoring the online codes debacle towards the end of the PS360 ( https://www.ea.com/news/online-pass-for-ea-sports-simulation-games , though dropped in 2013 https://www.digitalspy.com/videogam...ees-for-xbox-360-ps3-games-over-coming-weeks/ ).
Or the Resident Evil save thing
https://metro.co.uk/2011/07/04/capc...nt-evil-the-mercenaries-3d-save-system-64783/

Reactions: Goku1992A

Methanoid

Trophies
XP
Country
From the replies I think I am doomed :'(
Any email to contact sony with :(

Please tell us you were not dumb enough to buy without any contact details for the seller? If you have his address (even if it isn't same country) you could publish his details ;-)

burhansalih

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Why you would spend $1500 on a used PS5 not knowing the history of it and especially the person you are buying from is a tad stupid..

Sony wont do anything you are going to have to sell it and suck it up i'm afraid.

Reactions: spotanjo3

leon315

POWERLIFTER
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
PLUS 1500$ is the cash i used to build my rig, with 1500 nowdays one can easily build up a PC mustard race using Ryzen-AMD part, instead PS5, not a wise investment tho.

Last edited by leon315,
Reactions: k7ra

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It is weird to get a ban on PS5 since PS5 isn't hacked as PS4 did.
It doesnt have to be a ban from piracy, it could from a different reason like the previous owner was sending sexually explicit messages, there is also people using save editing programs (cheat wizard) on ps4 games and booting them on ps5 and going online.

In any event, I dont see sony reversing the ban, Sounds like the seller knew it was banned and scammed you. I dont know if you can do chargebacks or w/e or if you payed in cash, nothing you can do.

PiracyForTheMasses

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It doesnt have to be a ban from piracy, it could from a different reason like the previous owner was sending sexually explicit messages, there is also people using save editing programs (cheat wizard) on ps4 games and booting them on ps5 and going online.

In any event, I dont see sony reversing the ban, Sounds like the seller knew it was banned and scammed you. I dont know if you can do chargebacks or w/e or if you payed in cash, nothing you can do.
LMFAO How are you even a moderator. Sony does NOT ban consoles because of messages, they ban the account noob.

chrisrlink

Has a PhD in dueling
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this is why I enjoy xbox better since XBone as long as you pay $20 to MS you can run homebrew without ban risk (in a sandboxed enviroment but still better than hacking and risking a ban) anyways yeah your screwed I only use Paypal cause i know i have peace of mind if i get scammed (and i did several times) I can get my money back

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Weren't Sony recently banning PS5s who brought a 2nd market account to access the PS Plus collection.

I think someone already mentioned this as being a possibility.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I linked to sony's official webpage with a qa on suspensions/bannings. it says second hand purchased systems will not be unbanned for any reason, so you're screwed.

Reactions: proffk
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, I have a piano keyboard but I never use it